Sign in to follow this  
GRONG

Cousin' in Mexico with Reynaldo

Got the pictures floating around and I thought that it was a cool buck, but they didn't give him justice that buck is BADA$$! Congrats on one of the coolest bucks I've ever seen.

That looks like a whale of a time Josh. Congratulations on yet another outstanding buck (not too shabby on the finds either). Is it a hassle bringing home skulls that you didn't have a tag for?

All found sheds and skulls stay there, you get caught with one and they can cite you for a Lacey Act violation which runs around $15,000 per shed or skull.

Yeah, after hearing that I guess it wouldn't really be too much of a hassle to leave it there :blink: .

That looks like a whale of a time Josh. Congratulations on yet another outstanding buck (not too shabby on the finds either). Is it a hassle bringing home skulls that you didn't have a tag for?

All found sheds and skulls stay there, you get caught with one and they can cite you for a Lacey Act violation which runs around $15,000 per shed or skull.

Yeah, after hearing that I guess it wouldn't really be too much of a hassle to leave it there :blink: .

Not true Joshy, and you know better ;). Your outfitter has a permit to bring that stuff across. One of the only people that does.

Congrats again buddy on a FREAKING COOL buck! Awesome pictures and congratulations to Gail on another sweet buck. Looks like Nate did pretty good for a last day buck as well!

The heat and moon played havoc with us as well and we were fortunate to get most of the whackin and stackin done the first week when the temps were alot more mild.

Wicked Main beams.

That is a super tall rack, I bet he looked huge in the scope at 40 yds. HA

Congrats to all on the Fine animals taken.

WOW WAAAAAYY TO COOL Josh! Congratulations to the both of you. Beautiful, majestick coues you guys harvest. Those main beams on your buck could not grow any longer :)

Where is Reynaldo? Did he get to hunt for him self?

Ernesto C

Not true Joshy, and you know better ;). Your outfitter has a permit to bring that stuff across. One of the only people that does.

I know that I just was avoiding the whole subject cause I didn't feel like doing any more typing. Truth is that Jim is about the only permitted US citizen who has the paperwork necessary to bring sheds across, no skulls attached! One of these days I'm sure Jim will get the shed to Gail.

Thanks for all the kind comments, it really was awesome to be lucky enough to have a buck that sweet come in while I was there.

I got the 2 videos from Gail of my buck but one size is 16 megs and the other is 24 megs. Anyway I can reduce them but keep the quality? I've never attempted it before.

Great post Josh! Its nice to get to hold your buck here at the show! Amazing rack....I don't know how it didn't break those tips when fighting.

Josh, just post the videos on youtube and then post the link here so we can watch them.

Ernesto....Reynaldo is here in Salt Lake City with me, we have a booth here at the western hunting expo. He didn't get to hunt for himself because he hurt his knee just before he was going down for his own hunt. Bummer.

Super buck and story and pictures. What a great time to be had with friends. I love the shape of your buck, what a beautiful cola blanca

Guest super jumbo

What a stud of a deer, i have never seen main beams come that close to meeting in the middle. 2 great bucks. Thanks for posting them.

Very nice deer all around. I love the closeness of the tips on your buck. I thoght the one I shot last year in Mexico was close at an inch and a half but that is very cool. Congrats on a great hunt!!

Wow I love how your antlers touch and the height of those G2s. Great buck. Hey what is up with some of the pics not showing up? They are doing it on alot of posts. Congrats again Josh. ;)