Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Messed Up Nation

So this past weekend we got out of the little town of Snowflake, went to Payson on our way to Prescott for state wrestleing tournament.

My wife, she wants to stop at WalMart to buy some marbles for a scout pack meeting.

Easy RIGHT!!!!

WRONG!!!

No marbles at WalMart in Payson.

OK, We are still going to Prescott, no big deal.

We looked at Wal Mart, Michaels, a "variety" store that sold bongs, Big 5 Sporting Goods......we were getting desperate.

Happened to notice KMART sitting off the main drag there in Prescott Valley so we detour to Kmart.

The one lady says go ask the guy in sporting goods. He says,"We don't have any marbles, but we have these glass BB's for sling shots."

WOW, glass BB's Perfect, fits the bill for the scout project.

My 13 year old is going through the check out with us, the lady rings up the bill and then firmly informs us that it is "illegal" for the young man to carry the "glass BB's" out of the store as he is not old enough.

I look at my son and then my wife in disbelief......for crying out loud they are just marbles........plain old marbles with a Daisy label on them and my 13 year old can't walk them out of the store!!!!

OK, I am happy we found some marbles but really.......time for a reality check in this country, that is just pathetic....

:lol:

You can't buy marbles but you can go into sporting goods and buy a dozen baseball bats and whack some guy in the parking lot with it.

I took my two boys in to Walmart to get some BB's for their guns with their own money. The cashier made me take the money from them and I had to hand it to her. WOW!!! I may understand if a bunch of kids are running around by themselves buying BB's... no, I wouldn't understand that either.

"They'll shoot their eye out"!!!!

Mike

I got carded for a 6 pack of 5 hour energy's at wally world. I am 26 years old and almost fell over when she asked for my ID. Apparently you have to be 18 to buy them at walmart. Whats next?

This just happened to me as well, went to walmart, nothing, went to walgreens, none, went to Fry's grocery store, yup the had marbles. Just one more reason not to shop at Walmart I guess.