azhuntnut

Rifle scope preference

scope preference  

95 members have voted

1. 1. What manufacturer do you prefer to use on your Coues rifle

So which scope are the majority of the hunters here on CW using on there rifle? If you have more than one gun you like to use, you are able to vote more than once. David

I've got Leupolds on all my BAR's and my son has one on his AR. Good idea for a poll you have while we wait for the elk draw......... ;) :blink:

I have Zeiss, Leupold and Nikon. In my opinion, you can't beat that Zeiss (though in fairness the Nikon is a cheaper one). Just the clarity and intensity of light in the glass ... its amazing. I'll buy one of those whenever I can.

I have a Zeiss on my 300 Weatherby and a Kahles (not mentioned on the list) on my Kimber. I would have to say the Kahles ranks up there with the big 3.

I voted Zeiss, never had a problem with them. Leupolds customer service would rank #1, Friends and I have sent many scopes to Leupold and with out question they fix or replace them for FREE in a timely matter!

I have Swaros, Leupolds, Vortex, Cabelas, old Tascos and a few less expensive. The best clarity, I own, is the Swaro, The vortex(es) I have are just a little behind my 1" swaro in clarity, and less than 440$. For the money the 1" Zeiss are pretty nice too. Most companies make something w/ the most bank for the buck. I have yet to look through a Z6, but if my pockets were deep I would have a nightforce NXS or maybe a USO. Ive never looked through a USO or Schmidt and Bender, but would like to. I'm really curious about Vortex' Razor 35mm. In the next week or two, I am taking my Swaro off my 300RUM and mounting up the Vortex. Some people will call me crazy, but it is nearly as clear and has more functional turrets. I'll probably end up selling it to go towards a rifle build or hunt in New Zealand. It may end up on my 17HMR or 223WSSM :blink:

With all the members we have on this site, I sure thought there would be a larger turn out on this poll. I need this information for a current project I am working on. Please vote, it only takes a second. David

I have all the brands listed except Zeiss and Vortex. I also have a couple of rifles mounted with Tasco and Simmons scopes. The only problem I've ever had with any scope was a Bushnell, and it was replaced by the factory with no problems. I can't see much difference between in the quality of my Swarovski, Leupold and Nikon scopes. A 7 mm Remngton Magnum is my go-to rifle, and it wears a Leupold 3-9X with a duplex reticle. I do not like fine crosshairs or dots, and all of my scopes (except for the 6x24X Nikon on my .22-250) have duplex reticles.

Bill Quimby

I ended up gettin the Leupold VX- iii 4.5x 14 ,but I say check out the Trijicon. got fiber optics and the clarity is awesome. Checked it out after the fact.Clarity is better then my Leupold, but really don't know how it performs.

Swarovski 4-18x50 TDS on my 257 STW and Leupold VXIII 8.5-25x50 LR Varmit on 300 RUM 257 Weatherby and 22-250