Coues 'n' Sheep

Poll: For or Against

A Baiting Rule  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support a law/rule to ban baiting?

• No
    • Yes

I bait a little bit, but not often. I don't want people to think I'm a Master-Baiter.

Seriously though I choose not to bait because baiting doesn't mesh with my personal hunting ethics. Until 6-7 months ago I thought it was illegal. The fact that others have been baiting and it hasn't affected any of my hunts tell me that it's probably not a big deal. So bait all you want but don't blame me if you go blind or grow hair on your palms.

Arizona and Texas have NO cases of of CWD. Both have allowed deer baiting for DECADES.

In fact, the some of the states hardest hit by CWD have had bait bans FOR DECADES. Find another reason to ban it because that one don't fly.

Leave it alone and quit trying to micromanage!!!!!!

I dont have a problem with baiting, I dont do it. Sooner or later someone is gonna get in a shoot out over their bait or their tree stand or their water hole (that they may have packed water to for months)etc.. Just dont get heated if someone else is hunting in the same area where you have spent the time and effort to find you'er spot.

20 years ago you could go out and use a cow call and the bulls would come running. The use of calls did not lead to the demise of the elk, the elk just addapted. Baiting does not insure success and the animals will addapt to the differant methods used.

DCM