Mark Sipe

5th Edition Bowhunting in Arizona Record Book

All,

The 5th Edition of Bowhunting in Arizona Record Book is now available to order. Just go to Bowhunting in Arizona web site home page for order form & contacts. http://www.bowhuntinginarizona.com/index.html . This has to be the best record book in publication!

Thanks for the heads-up! Just sent Marvin an e-mail for one.

Bob

I'd just be happy if they'd send me the copy I paid for 2 years ago when I entered several animals... funny how back then, "I just beat the buzzer for my entries", and would get my book that year and be invited to the banquet... Yada, yada, yada... These will be the last animals I ever enter in that book and the last dealings with that organization... i have a list of BS stories I could vent about... but if anyone involved with prepaid orders reads this I'd like my copy...I paid for it. And I'll be happy to tell you whom I paid. Thanks! :rolleyes: <_<

I'd just be happy if they'd send me the copy I paid for 2 years ago when I entered several animals... funny how back then, "I just beat the buzzer for my entries, and would get my book that year and be invited to the banquet... Yada, yada, yada... These will be the last animals I ever enter in that book and the last dealings with that organization... i have a list of BS stories I could vent about... but if anyone involved with prepaid orders reads this I'd like my copy...I paid for it. And I'll be happy to tell you whom I paid. Thanks! :rolleyes: <_<

+1...doubt I will see mine the mail either

Hey guys,

I am on the trophy book committee and so I will be glad to look into your case Gino or anyone elses. Send me some details in an email so I can approach them about it. amanda@coueswhitetail.com

I will tell you that this new recordbook is an excellent one!! It has a great history of all the wildlife transplants that have occured in Arizona (sheep, antelope, deer, javelina, etc). And it has some great hunt stories and stories of some amazing individuals in the hunting community. That's in addition to listing all the trophies in the state. It's a great book and I think anyone would enjoy a copy.

Amanda

Email sent Amanda... as always, Thanks for all you do. To bad we paid to get our trophies in there and didn't even get invited to the banquet as promised.... :huh:

Oopss! I just realized you were talking about the Bowhunting in Arizona recordbook.....I am actually not involved with that one. I am on the trophy book committee for the Arizona Wildlife Trophies book (not archery specific). We just came out with the 2010 AZ Wildlife Trophies recordbook and that is the one I described above. Sorry for the confusion!

If you paid for the book you will get it. The book is a long time in coming. There was not a lot of member participation in putting it together, that's why I am no longer on the committee. Please don't bad mouth the program unless you know all the facts. I am sure everyone will like the book. BTW, I would imagine that are looking for a couple of new members that could put some spark back into the program. Also, there was no banquet because the book was the top priority.

• Like 1

I also pre paid for some books, When I called them, they told me they had a few issues and the book was delayed. I was told they are planning their banquit this summer to give the awards. The book should be sent to all that pre ordered around the 1st of April, as I was told. I have their other books and am looking forward to having the new one.

I am on the Bowhunting In Arizona Record Book Committee. If you paid for the 5th Edition at any point in the last two years, whether at a sport show or otherwise, we have a complete list and you will get your book as promised. Other than a delay in finding the time to complete it, there has never been any risk that you would not eventually have your copy. There has not been an awards banquet in the past two recording periods (4 years) and no awards have been awarded. We do have the winners listed under the 16th and 17th Biennial Periods in the new book, and have the winners of the 16th on the website (BowhuntinginArizona.com) and hope to have the winners of the 17th there soon as well. If you are a winner during either Biennial Period, you will be invited to the next banquet to receive your award. Now that the book is completed, our attention will turn toward the banquet plans, which we hope to hold around June.

As mentioned previously, we are a very small group of volunteers that must do all of the work of logging entries, chasing down the hunters that don't send completed applications, sending award certificates, maintaining a website, writing the stories in the book, fact checking the book, publishing the book (including all formatting etc.), arranging for banquets, soliciting donations, ordering awards, filing annual reports to the Corporation Commission, and the list goes on and on. There are only 5 of us to perform all of this work, and honestly only 2 of the members have to perform the bulk of the work because they are the only ones with the knowledge/skills needed to do many of the tasks. Every other record program has at least some full time paid employees, including Arizona's other record book Arizona Wildlife Trophies. I believe every member of the Committee for Bowhunting In Arizona holds a full-time job, and tries to get out and hunt once in a while too. This is a very time consuming undertaking, and we all give up countless weekends a year to try to maintain this program. Could we have sent out notices o fthe delay in the book's publication date? Yes. However, any spare time we could find we were putting into trying to complete the book. With constant new entries coming in, it is a moving target to try to print it as of a "certain date".

If those of you that just choose to complain had simply done a Google search for the website, and dropped us an email or made a phone call, you could have easily found out the status of your copy of the book. As mentioned earlier, if you feel you have any skills that could assist us, and wish to be involved, please contact us and volunteer your time. If you wish to "punish" us by not entering your animals in the future, that is your choice. Not one of us makes a dime on this venture, not even to reimburse us for our gas to drive across the state to attend meetings and work sessions. I personally feel that despite of our being likely the smalles non-profit organization out there, we put out one of the best record books in the Country! It is easily the best when considering usefulness of the information contained, again in my opinion.

Marvin Zieser

As an added bonus to those that have ordered this book, just before it went to print the Board decided to print the entire book in full color this time. In the past, there have only been a few color photos, those that were of each individual huntable species. In the 4th Edition these were all grouped together in the front of the book because it is much less expensive to print that way than to scatter the color prints throughout the publication. The Board decided to absorb the cost of printing the entire book with color photos this time (including hunters' record field photos), and did not raise the price of the book to do so. Although the cost could be increased at some point in the future, we are at least taking initial orders at the same price as the 4th Edition, which was printed in 2000. The current pre-order cost is $25 for a standard edition ($35 for a collectors edition), The collectors editions have a nicer hard cover (same dust cover), are numbered and signed by the editor. We are also paying the shipping for orders taken at this time. The website is www.bowhuntinginarizona.com

Just wanted to let everyone know that I received an email from the committee last week making sure my address was correct. Looks like I will be getting my copy. I feel bad about my negative comments but didn't have much faith at the time. Glad to be proven wrong on this one and look forward to seeing the finished product. Thanks StickFlicker and others for your work on this.

The long awaited 5th Edition of Bowhunting In Arizona, Including Bowhunting Records of Game Animals, is beginnig shipment next week to those that have pre-ordered them.

For thos that may not know, this book is the official bowhunting record book for Arizona, however, it contains much more than that. Many feel that it is one of the most useful record books in existence. In addition to the many photographs, record listings, and stories of the State Records (many of which are also World Records), the book contains a table with a unit by unit, species by species breakdown of how many animals of each species have been entered into the book for each hunt unit. It also contains numerous other graphs which show the most common distance of the shot, and most common hunting techniques used on a species by species basis based upon those animals entered to the program. There ia also a table in the back of the book listing the name of every hunter that has entered an animal, and listing which species they have taken with a bow. There are articles on how to judge a trophy of many species as well as color photos showing ideal shot placement on each, along with a ton of other helpful items to aid the bowhunter that wishes to hunt in Arizona! For more information, or to order your copy for as little as $25, click on the attached link.

[media]http://bowhuntinginarizona.com/PDFs/5TH%20ED%20ORDER%20FORM.pdf[/media]