Sign in to follow this  
tomgobbler

30 out of 43 bobcats

i had one of my best calling/trapping seasons ever, it was fabulous, i took 43 cats, and 78 coyotes, along with several dozen fox's, badgers, and coons.... anyway i did some fur work and i got 30 of my 43 bobcats dried and ready to sale thought i'de run up to the game and fish to get them tagged, and they only had 25 tags..... dont ya think a game and fish office could carry enough tags to cover any and what ever comes in.... i'm not the only one that has to get cats tagged... it seems like every time you deal with them it is something like that..... they madate you do something, then dont even have enough stuff to let you do it. Now i have to make another trip ( and day off of work) to get the rest tagged.....

sorry had to vent, am just frustrated with them.....

hope ya like the pictures anyway.....

about half were trapped and about half were called in, 6 still in the freezer, and several at the tannery for some life size mounts i'm working on.

good hunting

tommy

post-2728-0-11466600-1301014172_thumb.jpg

post-2728-0-56098900-1301014413_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Tommy, of course they dont have enough tags, I have being applying for big horn sheep and antelope for the last 20 years and still dont have a tag yet! ;)

What a success for you Tommy, congratulations!

When you sey "season" how long is that? 3 months? or how long it took you to have all those cats and coyotes?

Ernesto C

ernesto

i agree with that! not nearly enough tags :)

well trapping season is nov 1st through the end of feb... although i started calling a little in october.... but manely this was from nov 1st through about the 25th or so of feb. so about 4 months fo work....

Thats a load of fur for sure....Congrats ;)

Excellent job!!! I wish I got a bobcat this year. I've only shot one bobcat in my life. keep us posted on how your fur turns out, I might buy one, if your going sell any.

well that is the gov for you. don't let it spoil the incredible season you had. congrats!

Awesome! Sounds like a lot of work putting up 30 cats. But the check will be nice...