Sign in to follow this  
az300wby

18A muzzleloader Antelope tag

I was lucky to have drawn a great tag. Looking for advice and or tips in finding a great goat in 18A.

Good luck. Had that tag a few years ago and was highly disappointed. Still had fun though and got a decent one. Get away from the roads and look for pockets in the cedars and along the edges of private property is my best advice.

what is decent? 80 inches. I have 4 antelope 2 archery az 79 to 81 and 2 NM rifle 76 to 80. I am looking for a 82+.

sorry to say,but that unit has gone way down hill both in quantity and quality.you've got your work cut out.be persistent and scout your butt off and who knows what you might find!

what is decent? 80 inches. I have 4 antelope 2 archery az 79 to 81 and 2 NM rifle 76 to 80. I am looking for a 82+.

No, not 80. I saw one in 10 days that might go over 80 but I'm no expert.

I know that this unit can be hit or miss. I am hoping this is a good year.

• Like 1

18A has been awful the last couple of years, but at least you drew the best tag (muzzleloader).

There's been an 86" buck in there for a couple years that keeps surviving because, like the others have mentioned, he finds his way into the trees and becomes very difficult to hunt.

I attached a photo of the buck, but apparently I'm missing something when it comes to figuring out how to display it. How do I get it to show up?

Edited by EliAGrimmett

I was lucky to have drawn a great tag. Looking for advice and or tips in finding a great goat in 18A.

Great tag man good for you. I was lucky enough to draw an archery permit in 18a this year!

We were in there last year and saw 2 bucks that would go 85+ one was always wide out in the open, problem he was close to houses and could only be taken with a bow. I have seen a lot of goats in that unit, and seen a lot of good ones, just have to hunt hard they are there, but the private property is a pain in the butt.