Sign in to follow this  
vincefmx

Best Elk Bugle call?

The best is the one that you are most comfortable with and can make the most realistic sounds with. You're best bet is to buy a few different bugles and play around with them until you find the one that you like best. My personal favorite is the Primos Terminator because of the ease of use and I can make a wider range of elk sounds with it than I can with other bugles.

Try the mac daddy by wayne carlton. Sounds like a young bull gets lots of answers and you can cow call with it real easy. Plus with the grunt tube you can throw your cow calls around real good, and when there close I shove the end of the grunt tube in my arm pit and cow call to sound like im alot furthur away than I really am......... It is IMHO the easiest call to use on the market for bugleing and cow calling.

So which is the best in your opinion?

There is not one better than the next. It all depends on who is using it. I made one out of pvc and called in many but I will say the newer ones on the markert are much more forgiving and do a great job. You just got to try them out and figure it out for yourself. Most newer ones due a great job and work. :)

TJ

the best bugle is never. cow call. bet 'ya ten bucks i got the right answer first......lol

lee

thats what i thought too.,..... until i saw the biggest bull of the year 370+ come running from aways out to bugles....cbryant

I use a small pack bugle from primos. Bugle with reed for locator bugles. Remove reed for deeper diaphram bugles. Remove the reed for diaphram cow calls through tube.

Vincefmx - you need to use diaphrams calls ;)

I have one of those smaller blue tipped bugles from primos. I'd use that if I lost my reeds and grunt tube. It sounds really good, like a smaller bull. I dont want to sound like some 380 bull. I want to sound like an over confident rag 5pt.

I use a small pack bugle from primos. Bugle with reed for locator bugles. Remove reed for deeper diaphram bugles. Remove the reed for diaphram cow calls through tube.

I do use diaphrams and always have, just thinking of switching so im not running around with the call in my mouth....nearly inhaled one last year running up a steep hill!

I do use diaphrams and always have, just thinking of switching so im not running around with the call in my mouth....nearly inhaled one last year running up a steep hill!

I try to keep mine in my hatband of a ball cap. I had on of those clip deals that clips to your hat to hold a diaphram. It didn't work as well as the hatband. The small tubed, blue tipped bugles sound good and are easy to make sound good.