Sign in to follow this  
Rag Horn

For the love of horns

I do not get to many free weekends to hit the hills so the few trips I do go on are planned long in advance and come heck or high water we go. Well in this case it was come heck or high snow we go. The forecast said winter like conditions and they were not wrong. Most of the Saturday was a nice over cast day. That was until we got 4 ridges away from the truck. At that point the skies opened up and dropped 4 inches of snow in what seemed like 5 minutes. Well it was a bear hiking back to the truck with a few horns on our back and visibility at 10 feet. Hiking out my friend that was with me asked “we do this for fun?” It truly was miserable hiking in that junk. However we made it home safe and sound and would do it all again tomorrow. We were fortunate enough to find a couple browns and a couple old chalkers.

post-4328-0-53790600-1302623041_thumb.jpg

post-4328-0-20247200-1302623054_thumb.jpg

post-4328-0-15089600-1302623110_thumb.jpg

post-4328-0-55338300-1302623120_thumb.jpg

post-4328-0-44179400-1302623153_thumb.jpg

Way to stick it out in the snow, I plan on finally getting out this weekend.

Good job,

--Bill

Cool find, Wish i could find time to get out this year.

There was that huge snowstorm over New Years that put down some crazy snow. The first 12 inches hit the ground a few minutes before I got to Salt River Canyon... that was fun. The next 12" hit 2 hours into my archery hunt weekend. I had 5" of snow on my pack when I finally got back to the truck.

Wouldn't have it any other way!