desertdog

Rooster Sauce

I love green Tabasco, I put that @#$% on everything.............! Franks red hot is pretty good too.

LOL! I laugh everytime I hear that commercial with that old lady sayin' that!

I was stuck on the Cholula, but the Tapatio ranks right up there with it and I might like it better.

I'm a hot sauce NUT, I literally put it on everything! Probably the best sauce I've had is home made Chilitepin (sp?) sauce. Those little peppers grow wild on some of the ranches we hunt in Mexico and the flavor is amazing. They can be extremely hot, especially if you try one right off the bush while out hunting! I don't reccomend doing that! But it's easy to tame the sauce down with more tomatoes. My brother got the recipe from our mexican friends and has been making it regularly and it's addicting stuff!

Care to share that recipe sir??? ;)

I made the mistake of eating one of those Chiltepin peppers off the bush one time. Won't be making that mistake again. They looked so cute though and couldn't resist. It was about 20 years ago and I still remember it like it was yesterday. I was actually trying to wash my mouth out with a garden hose. I didn't have anything else to eat or drink. My nose was running like a sieve, eyes watering, I had the hick-ups and my stomach felt like a bomb went off in it.

For those of you that like hot food. Los Dos Molinos is right here in Mesa and it is HOT. I like hot food as long as it has good flavor but I think they are almost too hot.

One time my friend and I were eating Dos Molinos and I looked over at the the next table and there a guy with sweat pouring off the end of his nose and his face was beet red. But he kept shoveling that chili in like it was ice cream.

tonight its pork loin kebab with poblanos', anahiems' and rooster sauce. luv that stuff....

1995 deer camp on the palo alto ranch in 36a i got introduced to daves insanity sauce...torture is something u never forget...take a gander at this...

http://shopping.yahoo.com/news/world-s-spiciest-hot-sauces-214435540.html

asked my son to get me a bottle of melindas' for my birthday-he said he was ordering a case and i could have a bottle.

lee

Insanity runs in the family-it practically gallups!

BBQ - Sweet baby Ray's and a good 2 second squirt of "Rooster"

Fish or fries burgers - 1/2 catchup, 1/2 mayo small squirt of Rooster

Wings - Honey, soysauce, cilantro, Rooster (very very tasty)

Then when you are almost out add a touch of vinegar and oil to the bottle shake it really well and you have a nice salad dressing with kick

I like to eat chiltepins or the occasional habanero with my food. Not much of a sauce fan. But if i do, its usually cholula on pork skins.

I've been eating Arizona Brand Gunslinger for 20 years, love it!!

went to the factory in Mesa on broadway and almaschoolish where they make it just to buy a t-shirt. that was about 1994.

the guys here at work make the chilitepin hot sauce... pretty simple.

hand full of those little fire crackers... dried and a couple tomatoes and some chopped garlic and a squeeze of lime and dash of salt in a food processor or blender and if it's too hot add another tomato.

James

Great topic.

I use Sriracha on most starchy stuff I make. One drop changes the whole attitude of the food. Great on baby octopus when it's mixed with sesame oil.

As far as hot sauces are concerned, I may be the minority, I don't use Tabasco, ever. My all time favorite is Dave's Insanity, I used to get D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. sauce but I can't find it anymore.

I usually make my own, mostly as seasoning rather than sauce. I have a bag of tepin and I use it very sparingly. I used to grow my poblanos and habaneros but I gave up a few years back, too much work.

I love green Tabasco, I put that @#$% on everything.............! Franks red hot is pretty good too.

LOL! I laugh everytime I hear that commercial with that old lady sayin' that!

I was stuck on the Cholula, but the Tapatio ranks right up there with it and I might like it better.

I'm a hot sauce NUT, I literally put it on everything! Probably the best sauce I've had is home made Chilitepin (sp?) sauce. Those little peppers grow wild on some of the ranches we hunt in Mexico and the flavor is amazing. They can be extremely hot, especially if you try one right off the bush while out hunting! I don't reccomend doing that! But it's easy to tame the sauce down with more tomatoes. My brother got the recipe from our mexican friends and has been making it regularly and it's addicting stuff!

I one time had this prick put chitipens in my abondigas soup.... Any idea who that was Jim?

• Like 1

Hung Ot Sriracha is a staple in my house, my favorite hot sauce. .

I mix it with Sweet Baby Rays for BBQ also.

Another great benefit of "rooster sauce" is it looks so much like ketchup, you can play some mean jokes on people who don't know what it is.

Honestly, I like all of it. The "rooster sauce" is great with Thai. I used to be a tobasco hound, but have lately switched to Cholula - it's got the right mix of hot, onion - whatever is in it - it's great on eggs, a little dab on hashbrowns.

When I do wings, it's Texas Pete's with some brown sugar, butter and worcestershire, with a good blue cheese-sour cream dip.

Green Tobasco on an omellete with mushrooms and sausage is hard to beat.

And Bill, I know what you're saying with "Los Dos" in Springerville - it's all HOT, but man is it good!

I love that sriracha sauce! I also use salsa valentina and Huichol alot too.

Sriracha sauce remains all the rage

By Michael KrumboltzOctober 23, 2013 3:16 PMYahoo Finance
e29c6226-4a9b-4a68-a7de-5ce0d5ac029d_493

View gallery

Bottles of Sriracha hot sauce (The Verge)

You pass it in the grocery store and see it at restaurants all the time. You might not be able to read all the words on the bottle, but you know what's in it: Sriracha.

The hot sauce in the clear bottle with the rooster on the side is incredibly popular. Quartz recently profiled Huy Fong's founder, David Tran, and learned that Tran is a bit of an accidental entrepreneur.

Tran, 68, founded Huy Fong 33 years ago with no intention of it going global. Quartz reported that he simply wanted to give Vietnamese immigrants "a hot sauce worthy of their pho soup."

He did, and then some. Last year, the company racked up $60 million in sales and posted a double-digit sales growth percentage. He told Quartz that he has never once raised the wholesale price, despite inflation having more than tripled the price of food since 1980.

Oh, and Tran doesn't advertise.

Below, five things you may not have known about Tran and his creation.

1. Why the rooster? According to a New York Times article, Tran chose the rooster as the sauce's logo because it is his astrological sign in the Chinese zodiac.

2. Why is it so good? A question that would no doubt flatter Tran, who, according to Quartz, loves reading fan mail. The answer, according to the company's official site, is a bit of letdown, though: High quality ingredients.

3. And how do you pronounce it? It's pronounced, SIR-rotch-ah, according to Thrillist. The term is a generic one (like ketchup or mustard), named for the Vietnamese town where it was supposedly created. Huy Fong, by the way, was the name of the ship that Tran came to the U.S. on.

4. Is it true there's a documentary in the works? Glad you asked. It is true. The project was funded via Kickstarterand is set to hit film festivals this fall. Filmmaker Griffin Hammond calls it "an anthem for sriracha lovers."

5. It's been to space. A photo from a 2003 mission aboard the International Space Station features two astronauts,Yuri I. Malenchenko and Edward T. Lu. See the bottle with the green cap floating by? That's the real stuff. Take that, imitators.

Not a fan of the Rooster... I only use Frank's Red Hot!!! It's a hometown Buffalo, NY thing.

Try the Iguana brand of hot sauces. I've found them at Cafe Rio and I think Whole Foods carries it too, I've seen it at Firehouse subs too. They have a couple different kinds and heat levels, all of them have an iguana in some kind of costume on the front. My favorite is the Iguana Gold- yellow habanero. There is a XXX Radioactive looking one as well- its hot :blink: Give 'em a try.