CouesWhitetail

New DLC Covert Trail Cameras added to the store

I added three new DLC Covert Trail Cameras to the store today.

One of the new models (Covert CA 3.0) is reminiscent of the Covert 1 style but is even smaller (about 1/2 the width of the Covert 1). The CA 3.0 camera is very small and is designed to be a more affordable camera by lowering the resolution and reducing the number of options for programming the camera. However, it is a great little camera!

The Covert Extreme is the replacement for the old Covert 2 and it comes with more LED lights and a built-in color viewer. And then there is the Covert special Ops camera that will send pics to your cell phone or email instantly....check them out at the link below:

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/bookstore/trail_cameras.htm

That special ops one is cool I think I have found my next toy....got to save some money now. LOL

Amanda, How fast is the new covert 3.0? How long should the batteries last?

I've been playing around with the new Covert CA 3.0 (I've bought 2 now) and these are neat little camearas. They're a little "light" technologically, but they take very good pictures, and the trigger speed is very good. The range, well I'll say it's average. I've got a Covert II that has incredible range, and a Moultrie M-80 that appears to have about the same range as the CA 3.0.

Overall, I like these cameras for the price. I paid a lot for my Covert II and it has been a great camera. The CA 3.0 has done pretty well in my tests, but it is limited to normal triggering. The moultrie M-80 is a lot more bulky, but has the "plot-watcher" feature, which the Covert Extreme has, but the M-80 is about $100 cheaper. About $10 more than the the CA 3.0, that doesn't have this capability.

The way I'm setting up is to have 2 CA 3.0 cams where I can count on close proximity and triggering, a Moultrie M-80 set on larger areas that I can use the plot-watcher feature, and my old, standby Covert II on anything in between that needs long range and fast trigger speed.

BTW, look for the DIY security box 2 thread coming soon. I built a box for my moultrie M-80 with an adjustable tilt. It's pretty tough.

Is there a security box available for the Covert CA 3.0?

Brian

I sent one in for repair and I did not hear back from them so I called and they told me it was already in the mail...When I got home and opened it up I had a Extreme TLV in there AWESOME customer service for me.

Clark did you get a delivery confermation nuber or even insure it ? If not next time that would be a great idea.

any chance that you might have the two pack of camera's for sale again sometime?

thanks

Mark

no, the company doesn't offer two packs anymore. If you buy several cameras though, we can talk about discounted prices.

The 2012 models should be out sometime in March/April. I will keep you all posted when I get those in.