Sign in to follow this  
swaro06

Truck Tires

I would agree with the BFG KO if your running a half ton or smaller thats all I buy for my Toyota and Jeep and they get me all over AZ back roads. If you have a 3/4 ton or bigger i would have to say Toyo MT thats a 10 ply I run those on my duramax and there a great tire if you keep them rotated.

BFGs do great in AZ rocks and wear like iron. They aren't the best in snow and mud. Mud terrains mad a lot of noise and dont last that long. Ive been runnin Goodyear duratrac's. I wont run anything else now. They do have pretty thin sidewalls though. I run 285/75/16 that ere E rated. I drive a frontier. I dont tow and its a lighter truck, so I dont need close to an E, but I dont want any sidewall punctures. I probably wouldn't run them on a 3/4 or 1 ton, just because the thinwalls are so thin. They do great in everything Ive had them in. Ive got 20k on mine so far.

I have Nitto Terra Grapplers on my 3/4 ton diesel Dodge. I rotate them every 2,000-3,000 miles and every time I go to Discount Tire to get them rotated they tech raves about how well they are wearing in.

OTH, we use almost nothing but BFG AT/KO's at work.

I ran BFG's on my 1/2 ton GMC did ok, but chuncks came off the tread pretty regular at 25k. I just put Nitto terra grappler on my Tundra and so far, I love them. very durable, ride well and no issues so far. 10k. My vote is for the Toyo or Nitto

My diesel is on 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T and am very pleased with the performance of them on and off road. Had them installed before my November deer hunt last year and was impressed with how well they grabbed the terrian. I also like the fact that they are much quieter than what I was expecting.

Can't go wrong with the KO's and also the Nitto Trail Grapplers.

I've run KO's for a very long time and on numerous vehicles.

Its a decent all around tire but does terrible on wet pavement or snow.

Get into any sort of rocks and they rash and chunk too easily IMO.

I'm currently running KM2's and I love them. They do phenominal offroad and are wearing a lot better than I expected. Running 255/85 16 load range E on a light truck. A little stiff while aired up at 45# but I get better mileage that way on asphalt. When offroad, I air down to 22# and they do phenominal. I have more piece of mind knowing the E rated tire has more sidewall protection when offroad as well.

Thanks for all the advice. i have BFG all terrains . at 16,000 they were done. alot of tread was chunked due to rocks. thinking of going to km2. 3/4 ton trk.

my big o AT's are working great for me.

I just recently switched from the BFG's to the Toyo Open Country AT's and have been really impressed. They are much smoother on road and I can't notice a difference off road. A lot better price tag also.

I have had Pirelli Scorpion All Terrains on my Toyota for the last 12 years. First set lasted about 60,000. My current set has just about had it with about 50,000 miles on them. Thinking of getting the same ones before the fall.