Guest Ernesto C

Again....I wish I can be there with you..........or Amanda or with Danny Howard (coueselk) you 3 are the best of the best when it comes to posting stories. Good luck Scott and Merry Christmas.

Ernesto C

Scott:

I salute you for your hunting skills. Even if you don't find the buck you want you have had a fantastic hunt. My hat is off for you.

Bill Quimby

I have to agree with everybody else, you have an awesome way of describing your hunt with such detail that it draws you into it. I wish you the best and hope you get a monster. Good Luck and God Bless.

Well it's Christmas eve as I post this. I am headed back out tommorow night, hopefully for the duration [if needed]. I'll post pics of my big one when I get back. Go back and get that one you missed on Monday.

Dennis

Scott,

I have gotta say... this is the best post I have ever read. ITS BETTER THAN WATCHING THE OUTDOOR CHANNEL! We have seen bucks, does, bears, lions..... whats next? I can't wait.... Looking forward to the conclusion.....

Bryan

Scott,

Great story, maybe you could use those 30?s to glass up my lost 15-56 swarovski?s for me :( , story in optics and other gear. I also have a unit 27 tag. Still haven?t found the big one. Good luck on the rest of your hunt :) .

Scott...where you at?????? Don't leave us hanging? :lol:

I have to see that 110" before I go on my hunt!!!!!!?  :(

Yeah it's Tues. Where's my Mon. hunt report? Did WE not go hunting yesterday? :)

Sorry guys. I took an extra day with the family in Las Cruces, so I didn't get back until last night. I did go out today and although I didn't get any animal photos. I did glass up some rutting Coues deer. I had a buck chasing a doe all over the hillside. I'm sure they were both wore out by the time they finally bedded.

Unfortunately the deer weren't right there in front of me, nor were they a "little ways" out there. These deer were a "fer piece" lets say. As a matter of fact when I checked on my topo program at home the deer were 3.6 miles out!! I couldn't even tell how big the buck was and I was looking through the 30x80's. Anyhow, the deer bedded in some think junipers and we left them alone. We'll head back out tomorrow and see what we find. The rut is starting to pick up somewhat. Another friend of mine with a tag has seen some activity also.

L1020418crp.jpg

Fill ya in tomorrow! It's looking good!!!

Scott

Scott, thanks for the my huntin fix :)

That's some pretty country. Hope your patience and perseverance pay off for you.

Sorry guys.  I took an extra day with the family in Las Cruces, so I didn't get back until last night.  I did go out today and although I didn't get any animal photos.  I did glass up some rutting Coues deer.  I had a buck chasing a doe all over the hillside.  I'm sure they were both wore out by the time they finally bedded.

Unfortunately the deer weren't right there in front of me, nor were they a "little ways" out there.  These deer were a "fer piece" lets say.  As a matter of fact when I checked on my topo program at home the deer were 3.6 miles out!!  I couldn't even tell how big the buck was and I was looking through the 30x80's.  Anyhow, the deer bedded in some think junipers and we left them alone.  We'll head back out tomorrow and see what we find.  The rut is starting to pick up somewhat.  Another friend of mine with a tag has seen some activity also.

L1020418crp.jpg

Fill ya in tomorrow!  It's looking good!!!

Scott

Hey Scott, go get em! Bill and I went out today. We saw 16 deer, 4 of them being bucks. One was a definate shooter, just got out a little to quick for us. The rut is definately kicking in. All of the bucks we saw were chasin. It's really windy here tonight, I'm really hoping it lets up for tommorow. I'm picking up Bills son in the morning. He only has one day to hunt and he has never killed a buck before so I'm gonna look until my eyes bleed trying to find him a good un. I'm so freakin excited it's ridiculous! It's a neat oppurtunity to try and help a guy get his first buck. I wish you good luck, and I'll give you a report tommorow night. Let's cherish this hunt, if the weather doesn't start raining we're gonna be in bad trouble. Go get im buddy. MACE

Well glad to hear the rut is movin on up a gear. I am heading out early tomorrow, (2 hour drive to unit) probably solo and hope to take a decent one.

Good luck to you guys, and I hope Mace did not use it all up on his whopper earlier this year!

Great job on the pics and story.Really feel like I'm there on the hunt. I've never seen bino's like the ones you have. Where do you get something like that? Good luck on the hunt.