Sign in to follow this  
Viper

Matthews Drenalin creaking noise? - need advice

Need some advice. I bought a lightly used Matthews Drenalin last year. Lately, the first couple times I draw the bow, it makes a creaking noise. After 5 or 6 draws, it seems to quiet down. This is not a good problem to have in a hunting situation, as you can imagine. Is there a common lube point (cam axels)? And what is used?

Thanks for any input.

Bring it in to a bow shop to make sure one of your limbs isn't starting to split or crack. If your limbs are good, the creaking is possibly coming from the Quick Cable Connects (which is fairly common with Matthews bows). The QCC's get worn in spots, and makes the noise when you draw. When you bring it in, have the pro shop press your bow and remove the QCC's and lightly sand them flat. Here is a link to a Matthews forum where it explains it:

http://forums.mathewsinc.com/archery-4/technical-faq-28/qcc-step-by-step-with-pics-56163/

Another related forum topic on AT:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1026237&page=1

Not sure if that will help, but I hope it does!

Thanks for your advice! I will take it to Archery Headquarters and have them take a look. At least now I can appear to know what something about my bow :unsure:

Thanks for your advice! I will take it to Archery Headquarters and have them take a look. At least now I can appear to know what something about my bow :unsure:

I had the same problem when i baught my drenalin new.I had people listen for the noise as i drew it back and we narrowed it down to the limb pocket bushing,i just lightly lubricated them and the noise went away. sorry cant remember what i used but i was on an elk hunt so supplies where limited.

I had the same problem when i baught my drenalin new.I had people listen for the noise as i drew it back and we narrowed it down to the limb pocket bushing,i just lightly lubricated them and the noise went away. sorry cant remember what i used but i was on an elk hunt so supplies where limited.

Thanks! I'll try that first.

Thanks! I'll try that first.

I had a similar limb pocket creak issue with a Darton...Rem-Oil was the ticket, but any teflon based lubricant is probably ok.

Just wanted to follow up on the creaking issue. I took it to Robert Campos at Broken Arrow in AJ. He put it in the bow press and lubed the limb pocket bushings with lithium greese. That fixed it. I still hear a very faint noise sometimes, just as I hit full draw. This may be something else, i.e., wheels or cable roller. We discovered excess wear of the string where it breaks over the cam, so I ordered a Winner's Choice string. We will fix all the noises when the string is replaced in a couple weeks. I don't want to take any chances since I have a bull tag this Sept.

Thanks for your input.

Cool. Robert has a pretty cool little shop there in AJ. I pulled up there once and wasn't sure if I was at the right place, but ended up finding his shop in the back.

Cool. Robert has a pretty cool little shop there in AJ. I pulled up there once and wasn't sure if I was at the right place, but ended up finding his shop in the back.

Yup, great guy, good customer service. It's good to see he is still in buisiness after all these years.