Budget range is from free to say around $1500. I tried the NF and it would be great for doing curls and no doubt it is a great piece of glass too but just too heavy for my liking. I was really surprised how crisp Zeiss was and that funky looking Leupold scope with the notch in it sure was right there with the Zeiss though not as crisp. So there you have it, looking at 0-1500 price range and hoping for somewhere in the middle. Thanks again guys

Kirk,the sightron III has 100moa of elevation exposed turrets and a moa retical,there 6x24x50 only wieghs 21.9oz and there $735 with lifetime warranty! john

Zeiss Conquest have the 4.5-14x 44 on one rifle and the 4.5-14x50 on two others rifles. All have target turrets which are awesome. The x44 scope doesn't come with turrets but you can send to Zeiss and have them place the target turrets on them for $50 per turret. I only did the elevation turret as don't want to think about taking long shots in the wind.

There's one list in the classifieds now and an outstanding sponsor has them for sale too.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Budget range is from free to say around $1500. I tried the NF and it would be great for doing curls and no doubt it is a great piece of glass too but just too heavy for my liking. I was really surprised how crisp Zeiss was and that funky looking Leupold scope with the notch in it sure was right there with the Zeiss though not as crisp. So there you have it, looking at 0-1500 price range and hoping for somewhere in the middle. Thanks again guys

Which Zeiss are you looking at? I have the Conquest 4.5-14x50mm with the tactical turrets. It is a great scope for the money ... I think I paid only about $700 for it at the time a few years back. Has the mil-dot reticle (#43). When I bought it, Alex at EuroOptics recommended that I go with the Conquest over the Diavari, even though I had the money to do the other. He said for the difference, the Conquest was better bang for the buck. I'd buy another one if I had the opportunity to get it at the same price. Most of the time I've seen them higher though.

I'd check out those FFP Viper Scopes from Vortex. They have some pretty nice features, and an FFP scope for under a grand is supposedly a pretty good price. If the glass is crisp, I'd sure think about it, but I'd want to look through the glass first and see that the FFP didn't screw me up too much.

If you really think you want the Zeiss, but want to try one first, I have no problem pulling mine from my .300 Ultra and letting you give it a whirl ... just don't break it ... I know where you work ... :lol: :lol: :lol: It's nothing to me but a little time putting it back on and re-sighting ... gives me an excuse to hit the range. Either that, or you can just shoot my rifle ... it isn't a .30-378, but it isn't leaps and bounds behind it either.

Sound advise as usual and Vortex is relaly making a name for themselves with their pricing being fair and their product being quality stuff! It will either be Vortex or Zeiss I am thinking at this point and thank you for the offer of your scope but not necessary! Kirk

Check out the leupold mark iv lrt they are sweet glass, awsome warranty , and the turrets are great......my buddy has a couple of them,and comparing them to the zeiss 4.5x14x50 i had on my 30-378 i would go with the mark iv myself............

I am a huge fan of Zeiss and own a couple of them. Make sure you take a good look at the reticles and make sure you like them. I bought one with the Rapid Z 800 reticle and am not a fan of it at all. The glass is great and it is great for hunting big game, but if you want to use the scope for target shooting as well, that reticle is way too thick.

Which Zeiss are you looking at? I have the Conquest 4.5-14x50mm with the tactical turrets. It is a great scope for the money ... I think I paid only about $700 for it at the time a few years back. Has the mil-dot reticle (#43). When I bought it, Alex at EuroOptics recommended that I go with the Conquest over the Diavari, even though I had the money to do the other. He said for the difference, the Conquest was better bang for the buck. I'd buy another one if I had the opportunity to get it at the same price. Most of the time I've seen them higher though.

I'd check out those FFP Viper Scopes from Vortex. They have some pretty nice features, and an FFP scope for under a grand is supposedly a pretty good price. If the glass is crisp, I'd sure think about it, but I'd want to look through the glass first and see that the FFP didn't screw me up too much.

If you really think you want the Zeiss, but want to try one first, I have no problem pulling mine from my .300 Ultra and letting you give it a whirl ... just don't break it ... I know where you work ... :lol: :lol: :lol: It's nothing to me but a little time putting it back on and re-sighting ... gives me an excuse to hit the range. Either that, or you can just shoot my rifle ... it isn't a .30-378, but it isn't leaps and bounds behind it either.

Sound advise as usual and Vortex is relaly making a name for themselves with their pricing being fair and their product being quality stuff! It will either be Vortex or Zeiss I am thinking at this point and thank you for the offer of your scope but not necessary! Kirk

Check out the leupold mark iv lrt they are sweet glass, awsome warranty , and the turrets are great......my buddy has a couple of them,and comparing them to the zeiss 4.5x14x50 i had on my 30-378 i would go with the mark iv myself............

I have a leupold mk4 lr/t 4.5-14x40 on my 300wm. if I remember there are 80moa adjustments so there are plenty elevation to reach any distance. I like the paralax adjust on the side and the m1 turets. The best prices on scopes I've seen for most brands is brunos shooting supplys. Espetialy on leupold.

go with vortex! they have the absolute best customer service, i had problems with my crossfire, sent it in and recieved a brand new one for free. my new scope self adjusts only once every ten shots so i contacted vortex, and they are giving me the option to upgrade to the viper for a really cheap amount. cant beat their service. and my scopes elevation turret self adjusting is my only complaint. still returns to zero everysingle time, and is cristal clear out to 1000yds. (farthest ive really looked through it)

I shoot a 300Win Mag with a Zeiss Conquest, 4.5-14x44, Plex Reticle. I just have the standard turrets. I Really like I have it dialed in out to 700 (thats all the elevation I have unless I gat an angled base) Works great and crystal clear.

Budget range is from free to say around $1500.

If you can stretch 'around 1500' just a bit more, I would suggest this scope. I notice you keep commenting on the clarity of the Zeiss. I've only looked through 2 S&B's, and I consider them at the top of all others(except possibly us optics, but have yet to look through) in terms of clarity and craftmanship. If you go that route, you will never doubt if you got a scope that was 'good enough'.

Just curious what did you go with? been thinking of upgrading my scope (putting mine on my son's rifle).

Has anybody used a Bushnell Elite 4500 compared to a Zeiss, Vortex, etc (I am sure the later are better, just wondering if anybody has seen the difference).