Sign in to follow this  
truehunter

Unit 23 ELK

lucky to draww third choice 23 elk. September 19-24 archery. Never hunted here before. Anyone know this area where I can get started for scouting and what I can expect??

thanks

Its gonna depend on what the fire does. If it does not cross the state line it will be very good because alot of AZ elk will be in the unit. Most elk are in the north part of the unit. Check areas like sheep springs. frieborn canyon.

thanks 81 jons

Ive been watching the fire tentatively. It seems tha tmost everything is getting under control. I dont think its going to cross into my unit. In fact part of 15 is burnt. Hopefully it will be a great hunt. Might just be my year.

Whatever you do stay away from the brushy mountain area, south of 79, you will see more rv's and atv's than elk. Try north of the frisco, good luck!

I deer hunted 23 a few years ago and saw way more elk than deer. Just north of Alma they were coming into the farmland to feed in the morning. Saw a couple beautiful bulls.

lucky to draww third choice 23 elk. September 19-24 archery. Never hunted here before. Anyone know this area where I can get started for scouting and what I can expect??

thanks

We always hunt around that area, good place would be saddle mountain area, Saliz pass on north west side, dar always in the open in the evenings, and mornings, and legit area should be good

thanks

We always hunt around that area, good place would be saddle mountain area, Saliz pass on north west side, dar always in the open in the evenings, and mornings, and legit area should be good

Thanks for the tips. Ill let everyone know how I do. We have cams out and looks like well be doing a pack in for a few days. Hopefully the wolves dont get us