Sign in to follow this  
Newbster98

Night Hunting proposal

No, but its about time!

+1, I didn't come up with anything on google search, I'll keep my fingers crossed though.

why do you want to hunt at night? Lark.

+1

too much public land! IMO it will lead to more poaching and more accidents!

James

+1

James

I go spotlighting fairly often and I have never seen any law enforcement in the woods at night ever. If I wanted to go poach at night I could do that now, if hunters were allowed to legally hunt predators at night when they are most active this would be puting allies in the forest at night and would reduce poaching or at least increase the catch rate of poachers

• Like 1

i've never had much trouble shooting all the varmints i want in the day time. true, they run around a little more at night. i just don't know why a guy would want to? i'd be afraid o' shooting somethind i didn't want to shoot and it also looks to me like it would be hard to tell where you're bullet is going if you miss. and i tend to like to be in bed at night. i know guys who hunt at night and they never had any more success than a good hand does in the daylight. it doesn't really matter to me i guess, but i just don't see much need in it. it will piss off the treehuggers too. so i guess maybe it might be ok. anything that pisses them guys off is ok. Lark.

• Like 1

+1

James

I go spotlighting fairly often and I have never seen any law enforcement in the woods at night ever. If I wanted to go poach at night I could do that now, if hunters were allowed to legally hunt predators at night when they are most active this would be puting allies in the forest at night and would reduce poaching or at least increase the catch rate of poachers

i disagree... when shots become the norm at night it will become like a car alarm in a parking lot and people won't give it a second thought. but poaching is not my main concern. stray bullets are. pretty sure they will make it restricted to shotgun (like raccoon) only. i would be ok with restricted weapon. anyhow for that simple reason. that"s all we need is the antis to have more gripe. not all so called hunters are allies! i know of several unethical hunters that i wouldn't want as my allies.

if everyone thought as you did we would be ok

James

There many ideas on how to control the hunt so that not just anybody can go out anywhere anytime.

The biggest obstacles are "politics" and "but we have never done that before" or "something ? might happen" histeria.

AZG&F are talking about a controlled roll-out of night hunting in AZ. First stage is trying to get it legalized in the the units where the pronghorn antelope are being severely impacted by coyotes. If and when this is successful, stage 2 will develop.

FYI- Any AZ hunting license holder can already hunt at night all they want. Raccoons! Look it up in the regs. I go half a dozen times a year.

Has any one heard anything about the night hunting proposal?

Yeah I was following this closely in the legislature, up until they put it on hold. It is unknown how long a hold on a bill can last.

NIGHT HUNTING WILL RUIN THE DAY HUNTING. coyotes can't be controlled by hunting. only curbed. i am against it. i called in my first coyote at age 11. roninflag

it would be cool till you called in a lion or a bear and then you mite get yerself in a jackpot im not to sure on this one seems a little iffy but it would be cool to try it