Sign in to follow this  
weatherby1

My boys got it done in Africa

We just got back from an unforgettable trip to South Africa and I thougt I would share a few photo's of what my two boys got done. I will post the rest later.

post-4261-0-55731100-1308006614_thumb.jpg

My 7 year old son Riley and PH Ben with his Nyala shot with a .243 at 100 yards.

post-4261-0-71150000-1308006783_thumb.jpg

My 4 year son Luke with his female Steenbuck shot with .22 at 15 yards. One shot GREAT JOB Luke!!!!

post-4261-0-35395900-1308007035_thumb.jpg

Riley, Luke, and me with Riley's Warthog. One shot with his .243 at 150 yards. (I wish I could shoot as well as he does)

post-4261-0-06027900-1308007276_thumb.jpg

Riley with his Blue Wildebeast once again one shot with his .243 at 120 yards.

post-4261-0-07111000-1308007396_thumb.jpg

Riley with his Steenbuck.

post-4261-0-69801500-1308007554_thumb.jpg

Riley and his Impala. This was the only animal that needed more that one shot.

I am officially up for adoption.

:P

looks like a great trip, can't wait for the rest of the photographs!

• Like 1

Awesome trip and those animals all look old and mature!

That Nyala is high on my list next time!

Curious, how did the .243 work on the blue wildebeest? What bullet did you run for that rifle?

By the way, thats an awesome Impala!

Nyala was high on my list as well but when it came to crunch time it was to good of an oppertunity so I put my gun away and Riley got his. I loaded with 41 grains of IMR 4350 and a 85 grain Barnes Triple Shock bullet. That combo worked very well for everything. On the Blue Wildebeast it was a frontal shot, I was a bit hesitant about it but the PH had no reservations he told my son where to hit and he missed the spot by about half an inch later we found the bullet under the skin in the right flank so it penetrated about 3' of wildebeast.

Awesome trip and those animals all look old and mature!

That Nyala is high on my list next time!

Curious, how did the .243 work on the blue wildebeest? What bullet did you run for that rifle?

Congratulations to your sons, and all my praise to you for being such a great father! Your boys will never forget the experience, nor will you. I look forward to shaking your hand on the mountain, whenever they allow us to return.

Bill Quimby

Post up the picture of that TSX! Those are incredible bullets. I used TTSX on my African safari. They are the cats meow when it comes to bullets!

I would but I could not pry it out of my sons hands and unfortunatly a 7 year old being a 7 year old he promptly lost it. <_< ;) :rolleyes:

Post up the picture of that TSX! Those are incredible bullets. I used TTSX on my African safari. They are the cats meow when it comes to bullets!

Simply awesome! They are hooked for life.

It was great to meet you and your wife at the FCSSW seminar in Tempe. Heard you speak of your Dead Eye boys but man the story didn't do them justice.

Hope the farm is good!

Simply Amazing! Hope you got some video! Congrats and ditto on everything posted above!!

Awesome job there G.W. Very cool and a huge congratulations to you and your boys. Those are some great trophies and it looks like it was one heck of a trip.

That is some great shooting!!! Congratulations to your boys (and you). Starting them young is the BEST!!!