Sign in to follow this  
Huntaholic

Cousin's 1st bull

With elk season just around the corner I bet a lot of you are just like me and can't wait for the hunts to start. To help pass the time I thought I'd post an archery bull hunt I videoed a few years back.

After 3 or 4 long years of applying my 18 year old cousin at the time finally drew his very 1st archery bull tag and it just happened to be in one of the better units throughout the great state of AZ. When he asked me to come tag along I was more then happy to help out as best as I could. Well after the first day it was very apparent that it was going to be a tough hunt mainly because I'm not a very good elk hunter but also because the bulls we were hunting weren't rutting all that good yet. For the first 8 days the Bulls were bugling at night and first light but nothing like we were hoping for.

To this date this is one of the most rewarding elk hunts I've been on. Even though we didn't get one of the bigger bulls that we were after I was more then satisfied with just being able to help my cousin get his first bull.

To get a better idea of how the hunt turned out for us please feel free to watch the video