I am wanting to make a walk in cooler so when I shoot my deer I can let it hang for a couple days before I process it. I am wanting it to be as cheap as possible... Any ideas?

I had thought about just building a room and insulating it with the expandable foam but someone said not to use wood cause there will be condensation and would weeken the structur. So I was hoping someone has made one and can give me some ideas!!

I have an old refrigerator on the back porch, I pull the racks and stack the qtrs in and butcher them at my leisure. Not sure how many deer would fit but it has held 2 cow elk before. When it's not hunting season turn it off or put the racks in and keep drinks in it.

I have been considering useing a small cargo trailer from Home Depot and insulating it. That way I could take it to camp with me. I have not worked out all the details yet. If I ever get it sorted out I will let you know how it turns out. Good luck with your project.

I have an old refrigerator on the back porch, I pull the racks and stack the qtrs in and butcher them at my leisure. Not sure how many deer would fit but it has held 2 cow elk before. When it's not hunting season turn it off or put the racks in and keep drinks in it.

Ya thats what I usualy end up doing the problem I have is I use the one in the house and my wife doesnt like it too much. Also if i have a walk-in I can have a cool place to do the cutting and next year I plan on butchering a cow so I will need to hang it also. Thanks

I have been considering useing a small cargo trailer from Home Depot and insulating it. That way I could take it to camp with me. I have not worked out all the details yet. If I ever get it sorted out I will let you know how it turns out. Good luck with your project.

I have been thinking about that also but I was thinking about getting a old camper and gutting it out and insulating it. But ya if you build one let me know I would like to see it!!

I built one in my back yard and will try and find some pictures tomorrow. I have had every az big game specie hanging in it and wished I had kept track of the critters that has gone thru it. I had a lot of help from friends and could not have done it without their help. Just a plane block building on a concrete pad with a lot of insulation. I'll give details later. Just got home from work and need to unwind with a couple brews. :)

TJ

Not mine and I have no idea if it works, but theres a walk in freezer/cooler on Craigslist in Cochise County.

http://sierravista.craigslist.org/bar/2474234881.html

It looks like he wants $400 and a couple of goats(??) I have no idea what a goat costs (maybe you have a spare goat you are willing to part with), but you may be able to negotiate it down a bit as I think this has been posted a couple of times without selling.

Shoot only got $400 and fresh out a goat's.