Sign in to follow this  
112coues

unit 27

Im gonna buy an archery tag in AZ and been thinkin about doing some scouting in unit 27 anyone got some sugg. on where to start?

oh dang! ok..what about Mt. grahm area?

Not all of the Apache National Forest is open. Here's the key paragraph in the newspaper article you quoted:

"However, some areas which were severely burned by the Wallow Fire will remain closed for the rest of the summer and fall seasons. . . ."

Unfortunately, although everything up here is soaked, many areas that were not burned near Greer and Springerville/Eagar still have barriers and signs saying that access is prohibited because of "fire danger."

Whether that's because forest workers haven't removed them or it's because they actually still are closed is up for debate.

That $5,000 fine for entering a closed area is enough to keep me from driving past the signs.

Bill Quimby

Do yourself a favor and look at the Apache Forest website and the closed area maps. They have the forest closed almost to Clifton. Sad that so much is off limits but alas, big brother knows best......OK pisses me off but like Bill said above, the fine is heafty for the disobedient.

ya I gonna agree with you bill...thats a pretty hefty fine...