I have a pair of 15x56 swarovski and have had them for 6 or 7 years. They have been use a lot and are starting to show it. They have been droped a few times and the lenses are scrached. I was wondering if anyone has every sent there in and had them refurbished. Was wondering what they fixed and how long it takes to get them back.

You can request specific lenses to be replaced. I can't remember the cost of the small lenses but the big ones are about $140 a piece. It will probably take a month to get them back from the day you send them.

My 15's got ran over by a low-riding '86 Cutlass Supreme on the 87 heading North to Payson. It was a heart breaker to watch... i still see it in slow montion when I close my eyes. Only car on the road, 80mph, didn't even tap the breaks. Totally destroyed them. I sent the pieces back for repairs and they are replacing them for $500. If you only want some lenses polished or replaced it shouldn't be too bad. Just call SONA and they will get you setup.

Good Luck....

BB

I have a pair of 15x56 swarovski and have had them for 6 or 7 years. They have been use a lot and are starting to show it. They have been droped a few times and the lenses are scrached. I was wondering if anyone has every sent there in and had them refurbished. Was wondering what they fixed and how long it takes to get them back.

I sent my 10x42 SLC binos in to SONA on July 8th, mostly for some condensation I saw inside them this past winter, and they should be back sometime in the next two weeks.

I'll let you know what they replaced when they get back. It only cost me shipping.

You can request specific lenses to be replaced. I can't remember the cost of the small lenses but the big ones are about $140 a piece. It will probably take a month to get them back from the day you send them.

My 15's got ran over by a low-riding '86 Cutlass Supreme on the 87 heading North to Payson. It was a heart breaker to watch... i still see it in slow montion when I close my eyes. Only car on the road, 80mph, didn't even tap the breaks. Totally destroyed them. I sent the pieces back for repairs and they are replacing them for $500. If you only want some lenses polished or replaced it shouldn't be too bad. Just call SONA and they will get you setup.

Good Luck....

BB

+1

I have a pair of 8x56 SLC's I called Swaro about to have all 4 lenses replaced, with the latest coatings and new rubber armor put on and it was going to be $300.00 for this service.

Sent my old 10X42 in last year with a scratched eye lens and very dirty. They replaced all lenses and completely cleaned refurbished the binoculars and even replaced my missing eagle at no charge. They looked brand new when I open the box - I believe it took about 3-4 weeks

sent my 15x56"s twice for lens replacement and alignment, may be mistaking but I was charged $60 per lens and fixed the rubber coating. SONA got them back to me each time in under 3 weeks. You pay for shipping to them and they shipped them back. They come back as good as new!

I sent in both my SLC 15x56's and my EL 10x42's last summer. The 15's were just dirty and I wanted a cleaning. The EL's I had bought used and were in pretty rough shape, broken eye cup and looked as if they had been drug through the dirt for miles. I was honest with the lady at SONA when I called and told her I wanted the EL's completely gone over, cleaned in and out, and the eye cups fixed/replaced. She said they would look over them and then call me and let me know how much it would cost for the repairs. I sent both pairs in (over night shipping) and never recieved a call about any charges. Within two and a half weeks I had both pairs back to me. The EL's had brand new eye cups and both pairs were spotless and looked brand new. Best of all, NO CHARGE! You just don't get much better customer service than that.

-Tracy

Where is the best place to buy a pair of the Swaro 15x56 SLC's?

If you're looking for a used pair I would check Craigslist or Samplelist.com. If you don't need them now and can wait for the right deal you will eventually find a great deal. Just check both site every day.

If you are looking for a new pair then like Casey said cameralandny.com or if you're in Phx stop by Outdoorsmans and they will take care of you.

-Tracy

Swarovski customer service is by far the best you can get! I had to send my 15's in for repair in 2009 when they got knocked out of collimation and they were returned to me in less than 10 days. If you are serious about buying a pair I highly recommend shopping at the Outdoorsmans! They have great customer service as well!!