Sign in to follow this  
kennyazman

awesome find on my scouting trip

i found this while out scouting for my upcoming archery hunt in 19a today. from what i hear these are a rare find. im pretty excited about it.

DSC06736.jpg

DSC06733.jpg

Thanks for sharing and good luck on your hunt. :)

TJ

Very cool find! See any big goats up there?

saw lots of good ones that i would be more than happy to put an arrow through. i cant wait for the hunt! should be a lot of fun.

That's pretty cool man!!

I live up here in 19A and spend quite a bit of time hiking around antelope country. I've only found 3 of those ever!

Good find! Good luck on your hunt, shoot straight! >>----->

thanks for the reply's. mje1 to answer your quistion, the unit is a lot of private property, however some of the ranches that hold lots of antelope, will allow walk in only hunting. other ranches will ask you to pay a trespass fee. this information is true for the archery hunts, but i cannot speak for the rifle or muzzleloader. hope that helps.

thanks for the reply's. mje1 to answer your quistion, the unit is a lot of private property, however some of the ranches that hold lots of antelope, will allow walk in only hunting. other ranches will ask you to pay a trespass fee. this information is true for the archery hunts, but i cannot speak for the rifle or muzzleloader. hope that helps.

It helps alot thanks, I will have to get up there and ask around before i apply thanks again and good luck on youre hunt.

i've only seen one goat shed in the field. we were elk hunting and the guy i was with crawled under a fence and there was a really nice horn there where a goat had pulled it off going under. he gave it to me. the next year a guy gave me the head off one in colorado. i pulled the horns off it and took the 3 horns and used them for handles on a fancy carving set. knife, fork and sharpening steel. only ones i've ever seen with pronghorn handles. a good friend has a powder horn he made from one that is too cool. his mountain man "handle" is antelope horn. that is a very rare find. i guess the weather gets to them, bugs other stuff eat em. i saw one a guy had that he left outside and it turned a real ugly yellow color, before it fell apart. Lark.