bowcrazy

stoen cameras

just checking to see if anyone els has had cameras stolen in unit 23 lately? My buddy just had two stolen thist week, he has some good pics of thief but dont know how to handle the situation, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Uh oh!! Is he sure the pics are of the thieves or just assuming? There has been many of problems with people that think they have pics of the thieves with no proof and puting their mug shot all over the internet. If he's absolutely positive, I say post up the pics or get the proper people involved like the authorities. Good luck

Post the pictures ,That will give us something else to hunt the year.tongue.gif

No just kidding, Its a tough call because you will always have other members worried that you are accusing without enough evidence,

Either way it sucks.

Have often thought about getting one of those cameras with a modem which sends your pictures to your email and that way , you may have a better chance at getting a picture or 2 of the dirtbag.Of coarse he will probably approach it from the rear and cover the lens before he does his dirty work. but at least you will get your pictures up till then

Uh oh!! Is he sure the pics are of the thieves or just assuming? There has been many of problems with people that think they have pics of the thieves with no proof and puting their mug shot all over the internet. If he's absolutely positive, I say post up the pics or get the proper people involved like the authorities. Good luck

See what I mean!!! Before i could even finish my post.wink.gif

I wonder what these thieves are doing with all of these cameras . craigslist,ebay . If so, In very small numbers. Are they other hunters? replenishing theirs when they get stolen? Is it word of mouth, kinda a like drug dealers . You just know where to go to get a cheap game camera, A friend of a friend of a friend who always has an assortment of used game cameras for sale, bear boxes too, but slightly damaged? It's a mystery

i see what you mean but i looked at pics myself its very obvious that he is removing camera" oops he missed the one taking his picture while removing one of the two" guess if you knoe who you are you can contact me by e-mail to return them.

Thieves or just assuming??? lol

If you don't want your face posted on the Internet then don't stick your face in front of a trail camera its that easy... and if you don't want to be accused of stealing a trail camera "once again" don't stick your face in front of a trail camera.... i would post the pics.... they didn't respect your equipment why give them any respect... If some one is just passing by then that's a different story but if its a full shot of some dudes face 2 ft from your camera for 3 to 5 pictures then shame on them.... hunters need to respect other hunters equipment....

If you don't want your face posted on the Internet then don't stick your face in front of a trail camera its that easy... and if you don't want to be accused of stealing a trail camera "once again" don't stick your face in front of a trail camera.... i would post the pics.... they didn't respect your equipment why give them any respect... If some one is just passing by then that's a different story but if its a full shot of some dudes face 2 ft from your camera for 3 to 5 pictures then shame on them.... hunters need to respect other hunters equipment....

Oh Contrary! I jump infront of every camera I find! I want people to know I was there and that if I got on their camera I obviously have no intention of stealing it... I have had people tell me they saw my pic and thanked me for respecting their stuff. That is how I

roll! ;)

i see what you mean but i looked at pics myself its very obvious that he is removing camera" oops he missed the one taking his picture while removing one of the two" guess if you knoe who you are you can contact me by e-mail to return them.

Post Them!!!Be nice to know what a theif looks like...

Oh Contrary! I jump infront of every camera I find! I want people to know I was there and that if I got on their camera I obviously have no intention of stealing it... I have had people tell me they saw my pic and thanked me for respecting their stuff. That is how I

roll! ;)

I wish alot of other hunters Rolled Like that ;)....

Im gonna disagree with Gino on this one. I always approach an area assuming theres a camera and when I find it I cover the lens, do what I do, uncover the lens and go on my merry way. I figure the last thing you guys want is a picture of my fugly mug on your camera, wasting your batteries and spoiling you lunch as your looking through your pics.

23 is notorious for stolen cameras, not sure why. My theory is that all cameras are stolen by other hunters then just reused. Non- or anti-hunters have no real use for the cameras and if they just wanted to mess with a guys stuff its alot easier to disable a camera in place then to go the the trouble of removing it.

Sorry to hear about your cameras, if your definately sure you have the guys caught in the act then post them. If nothing else it may make them think twice before they swipe the next guys stuff.

Thats awesome if you had another camera watching the one getting stolen! Postem up.

what kinda legal things does it raise if you post a photo of someone that doesn't want it posted? even if he guilty as h e l l? i see these tv shows all the time where the bad guy has his face fuzzed out and they're stealin' cars and robbin' likker stores and shootin' folks and all kindsa stuff. post the photos and lets see what happens? the last big game camera theivin' fiasco is all blowed over. it's time for another one. Lark.