PRDATR

Need a AZ Topo? Free Download suitable for a GPS

If you already have Mapsource loaded on your GPS, can you overwrite it with the free version?

If you already have Mapsource loaded on your GPS, can you overwrite it with the free version?

Mapsource I believe is a program you have on your computer to be able to put maps in your GPS, you jprobably have Garmin Topo on your GPS. And yes you will overwrite that map with the one from the gpsfiledepot map.

I downloaded the entire Arizona state topos into my Garmin last year --- free, and great to use ...

You don't actually overwrite the MapSource topo map. You just choose the map you want from the drop down bar on the left side of the screen when MapSource is open on your computer for computer viewing after it has been downloaded to the computer.

After it is loaded to your Garmin GPS WITH and other programs you might use (I have about 5 or so) you just go into the map page of the GPS and click on which map you want to use and view.

I have been using the AZ Topo for 2 years. Great stuff.

As Arizona Griz mentioned you can toggle back and forth between maps using the drop down menu in your Garmin 60 series. This is a menu that some of you may not have seen before. Once you know where how to find the drop down menu it is really handy to change maps in the field. It is also a real eye opener when you realize that there are trails shown on one map set that don't appear on another.....or the trail that is supposed to be "here" does not exist. I also use Garmin Southwest 24K , which is not free, in conjunction with the AZ Topo. The SW 24K is an excellent piece of software. Check it out also. It will fill in a lot of blanks when you are in the field.

Yes this is a free download but as with all free access sites someone is supporting it. Make a donation and help this guy keep up his site.

If you can't find the drop down menu in your Garmin send me a PM and I will walk you through it.

• Like 1

PRDATR and others--- I just found my older 60csx. It was in an old army ruck and hasn't been carried, turned on or updated for at least 4-5 years. In the meantime I used my wrist garmin, phone and topo maps. Since I am hunting in AZ for the first time this year I want to get the 60csx updated with any firmware and then try to download these topos.

What is the best way to execute these updates since it has been such a long period and has anyone had issues or experience with older 60csx units? This was purchased back in 2007.

Those GPS file depot maps are excellent. I bought the paid version that onxmaps sells which has worked out great for me. They have all of the hunt unit boundary's plus a lot of the private land ownership on them.

Has anyone successfully loaded the arizona topo map onto an Etrex 20? I have loaded and enabled the map on my etrex 20 and disabled the other maps on there but still nothing but a white screen. I have deleted and reloaded the map once and still no change. Did i miss a step?