Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Rocky Mt.Sheep injured

Just got done talking to my son( who was up scouting for bear)and when on the way back this A.M. to our place in Rosevelt and saw a ewe laying up on a ledge(where the 288 crosses the salt). Stopped to look with another couple and noticed a lamb with her. When they tryed to get closer they saw she couldn't get up and the lamb wouldn't leave. They called AZGF and waited til an officer showed up.G&F thanked them. He said it looked like her back-end was hurt. Hope they make it !!On a side note my boy glassed up a nice cinnimon bear BUT it had 2 cubs with her !! <_<

Glad your son did the right thing. What does Game and Fish do in that situation, will they do what they can to save her, or will they put her down because it is cheaper?

I'm thinking it might be the same mom and baby I video taped a couple weeks ago at the same spot. I see alot of (do I say punk kids looking for trouble IMO) around that spot.

Are those sheep the rocky mountian or the desert sheep? I would have thought desert. hmmm

The sheep in that area(upper salt) are rocky mt. (unit 23-24a) The ones over in Apache and Canyon lakes are desert bighorn.