Sign in to follow this  
mje1

19A Muzzleloader

I'm trying to figure out what unit would be best for a muzzleloader hunt. I have 16 points and I think im getting close to a tag if I choose Archery or Muzzleloader. With reading the Gand F website the access is my biggest worry with the hunts. Ive helped friends of mine get goats in 35A and 2B but I think there is alot more goats in other units. I go back and forth between 8 and 19 and with them being so far from my house it makes scouting tough. I would really prefere one with my Bow but I hate to gamble with those points since it is so hard to get drawn, and ive never killed anything with the muzzleloader my wife bought me for a wedding gift 6 yrs ago. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks Mark

Forget 8 its a very tough hunt even with alot of scouting . 19a is coming around again , pay the trepass fees get on the 2 ranches that have the most antelope and you also have free access to another ranch walk in only.

If you ever draw let me know I'll help you since I live up here. I took a good buck in the 2008 muzzleloader season.

post-2797-0-48802200-1312667008_thumb.jpg

post-2797-0-42201900-1312667354_thumb.jpg

Forget 8 its a very tough hunt even with alot of scouting . 19a is coming around again , pay the trepass fees get on the 2 ranches that have the most antelope and you also have free access to another ranch walk in only.

If you ever draw let me know I'll help you since I live up here. I took a good buck in the 2008 muzzleloader season.

Thank you very much I really appreciate the help I will deffinently let you know if I get drawn next year.

Thanks Mark

If you draw you have to call that day to reserve a spot . These ranches only allow so many hunters at a time!

When you get close to the draw next year pm me for my cell#. I'll put you in touch with the right guys!

how much is it to get on the perkins place now? i paid $500 in 2001.deep well is free right?just foot access only?what other ranch charges? still can't get on granite dells right?that's all the?'s for now

how much is it to get on the perkins place now? i paid $500 in 2001.deep well is free right?just foot access only?what other ranch charges? still can't get on granite dells right?that's all the?'s for now

not sure how much to get on to perkins but according to the map game and fish sent me, deep well is free just foot access and so is fain ranch. and also according to the map you cannot hunt granite dells but i think you can also pay the trespass fee at granite dells just like the perkins ranch( not sure though).

If you draw you have to call that day to reserve a spot . These ranches only allow so many hunters at a time!

When you get close to the draw next year pm me for my cell#. I'll put you in touch with the right guys!

Thanks again, I sure will get in touch with you at that time. Thats a very nice Goat by the way.

Mark