Sign in to follow this  
kennyazman

help finding a place to camp

my antelope hunt is starting on the 19th in 19a. i have been up scouting 3 times and i know where i am going to hunt. however, the problem i have is that i dont really know where i can set up a little camp that is not too far from where im going to hunt. i am not going to spend very much time at camp, only to sleep at night, but every where around where i am hunting is private property. any suggestions? i will be hunting on deep well ranch and fain ranch.(didnt want to pay perkins)

have you thought about just getting a hotel room? a shower would feel real good after sweating your butt off all day

yes i did think about that. thats exactly what i was going to do, but my old man offered me his trailer that has a nice shower and bed so i couldnt resist. i just need a place to park it thats not too far from where im going to hunt.

Depending how far of a drive it is, most Walmarts will allow a couple nights if you park way out in the lot. Good luck.

Mike

Depending how far of a drive it is, most Walmarts will allow a couple nights if you park way out in the lot. Good luck.

Mike

i appreciate the help but thats just not my style. i would really like to be out in a camp spot. its just that the unit is almost all private property. if i have to drive a little to be in a normal camp out i will, but i was just wondering if some of you guys might know some closer spots.

was reading about willow lake campground. something like 200 campsites sounded like the area around watson lake-granite dells area. might be worth a look at. good luck on your hunt!

You could also go out perkinsville road just past the ranch where it turns to NFS lands, theres trees and shade. Little bit of a drive to the deep well but not bad. Or go out 89a towards jerome just past the quarry at the old fain road it starts natl forest and I know guys camp out there.