Sign in to follow this  

leverevolution

i meant to post this when i did it. went to new mex and shot a "texas dall" with my .44mag few weeks ago. knew i was gonna be out o' commission for awhile and wanted to shoot something. in fact i bought the one i used from a guy on here. i tried a buncha ammo and ended up using hornady leverevolution 235 grain. they kick pretty hard and are designed for a rifle, but shot fine in this model 629. i ordered some bullets and plan on reloading a bunch and shoot them exclusively. so if you're gonna take a pistol on a hunt, you might give em a good look. i think they make em in .357 too. shot that little ram at 75 yards and he went down pretty quick. anyway, thought i would add a little field report. Lark.

Saw pics of you and your ram. That dude is a stud! The ram was pretty cool too.

I wondered how those would work in a pistol. Sounds like they work just fine. I'd figure if the 629 can hold up to them, a Redhawk should too right???

Postin somethin like this just ain't right without a picture. What the heck Lark! :huh:

TJ

• Like 1

Was just reading in either G&A or Shooting Times that Hornady teamed up with Hogdon and are producing the powder used for factory Leverevolution loads, should be easy to come up with loads that match the factory using it.

I looked into loading some of the 140gr FTX for my old man's m94 trapper in 357. I think he's shooting a 158gr flat nose now. They did a wonder on a javelina and made a heck of a smack when it hit. I still may get some flex tips. Good to know they worked well for you.

Postin somethin like this just ain't right without a picture. What the heck Lark! :huh:

TJ

Lark hasnt caught up with the times... He is still trying to draw the 'trophy picture' in the rock walls of his house... How hes gonna get that on the computer, I have no idea!

TJ

Lark hasnt caught up with the times... He is still trying to draw the 'trophy picture' in the rock walls of his house... How hes gonna get that on the computer, I have no idea!

:lol: :o :(

I shoot them out of my lever action 357. I will try them in my s&w 357 revolver soon I hope. They are my lion hunting combo. So I was hoping they shot good out of a hand gun also. I know out of the rifle they will do the put down right now.