Sign in to follow this  
Webber

unit 15 NM

Ok I never hunted unit 15 in NM I always herd I compared to unit 1 and 27 if anyone has hunted it and knows can you post your experience, how were the quality of bulls?

It's a good unit but NM's hunt structure of stacking people on top of each other as one hunt ends and another hunt starts put's a lot of people in the woods. A good portion of the unit is closed right now due to the Wallow fire. I called on Monday and they have no plans to open it up. The closure is from Luna to the AZ. border, and everything on the left heading towards Bill Knight Gap for about 8 miles and then back West. Heading up Monday morning for the first hunt.

No elk in that unit. So being the nice guy that I am I will take the tag off your hands. I won't even charge you for it. :D

Ok I never hunted unit 15 in NM I always herd I compared to unit 1 and 27 if anyone has hunted it and knows can you post your experience, how were the quality of bulls?

I hunted it a few years back on the muzzleloader hunt. Found a few good bulls I was interested in shooting but didn't get a shot. I found the hunt to be more disappointing than units 1 and 27. Not as many elk as what I was used to in those units. But this year could be the best due to the Wallow Fire. Good luck and please share a success story with us!