Coach

Trail Cam Review

I've bought 2 of these cams from Amanda, and so far I'm really impressed. Battery life seems pretty good for 4 AA, the range is great (which I'll show) and the picture quality is really good. Triggering speed was also very good - hard to see from the pix, but I've got sequences that show it captures pretty much everything.

These are just a few select pictures from around 260 taken in a week.

I'll start with some cows...

post-478-0-59853700-1314502489_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-18588800-1314502533_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-75673500-1314502555_thumb.jpg

Next, night pix...

post-478-0-09139500-1314502608_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-89814300-1314502651_thumb.jpg

More in the next post...

Early morning, the same bull from before...

post-478-0-35557200-1314502754_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-60377000-1314502789_thumb.jpg

Calf in the rain...

post-478-0-95134400-1314502819_thumb.jpg

Now for distance, there are two deer here that triggered the camera over 40 yards.

post-478-0-17696800-1314502918_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-90676500-1314502940_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-86926500-1314502964_thumb.jpg

Nice pics, all my night pics are blurry from my covert 2. Sending it back to them.

Shelvin,

sorry to hear about your Covert 2 being blurry. If you want you can get a Covert Extreme from me as a replacement for that Covert 2. If you want to do that, you can just pick it up at my house. But let me know because I will have to get you a return authorization number so that you can mail that other cam back and get the new one from me.

Amanda

I pulled my CA 3.0 and put up my covert II on the same salt lick with 40 lbs of corn, just to see how the animals react. I'm not actively hunting this spot, but just trying to see how fast they take to it, and how they react to my being in there. The elk could care less, they're in there all the time, the bear wants to come smell the camera, unsure of the salt and now corn. The deer blasted through without ever slowing down. Thing is, there are a couple of good muleys in there, but they are wilder than crap. This spot is way off the beaten trail, but the bear and deer are still really unsure about the new smells and food in an area they aren't used to any people poking around.

I can't wait to see what kind of pix the Cover II will have after 10 - 14 days of no human scent in the area.

I've been contemplating getting one of those CA3.0 cameras, but was wondering about the remote control. There are never any pictures or descriptions of it in any of the articles I've read. How small is the remote, will I need a microscope to view the pictures? Was also curious about the battery life, I know it depends on what type but a general idea would help. My Bushnell has a theoretical 1 year battery life if using Energizer Ultimate Lithium. Of course I haven't been able to test this because it's been back at the repair shop since I bought it. :(

It was a Covert CA 3.0 (he had it in the subtitle of the post).

just an fyi - you can't get burned buying a trail cam from me...if you aren't happy with the camera you can return it for a refund (assuming it's in good condition and not chewed up by a bear!). There are of course occassional mechanical problems with trail cams, but if you get one with a problem, it's covered by a 1 year warranty so I will replace it free of charge. The CA 3.0 have had a very low return rate. It's designed to be very small and so it's a little tight in the area where the on/off switch and batteries are. Some people think it's too tight a space, but some just love the size of this small camera.

The Covert Extreme is another model you might want to consider. No remote to worry about with that one and more LED lights.

check out the cameras

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/bookstore/trail_cameras.htm

I bought two a few months ago from Amanda. So far I have not liked them at all. I have been lucky to get 3-4 weeks of battery life with half the time the cameras will take a picture but it will not transfer to the sd card. Couple times had it out for 4 weeks batteries were dead and 0 pictures on the card. Put new batteries in made sure it took a couple pics of me, check the cards and nothing. Checking them again tomorrow and if they don't work I'm going to give up on them.

Brian

Wow Brian, that's terrible. I have never heard of a problem like that with these cameras, I will check with the company and see if they have ever had this issue before.

Both of them are doing exactly the same thing? It's possible the SD card didn't format correctly, but I can't understand the battery life problem. One of the big strengths of these cameras is their very long battery life. You should be getting more like 4-6 months on those 4 AA batteries. Obviously something isn't right, so can you give me a call and we can figure it out. 928-200-0544.

Believe it or not, the CA 3.0 has had less than 2% of all their cameras ever malfuntion, that means over 98% of the cameras work perfectly out of the box. So this is very unusual. I haven't ever had a customer tell me they had a problem with this camera. But that's of no comfort if your cameras aren't working right! so give me a call and we will get it taken care of.

Yeah both cameras have done the same thing. I was suprised. I will check them tomorrow and see what happens with them. I will let you know how they turn out. I'm actually now staying at my parents winter place here in Globe for two weeks hunting so I may call and get with you. Thanks Amanda.

Brian

Yeah both cameras have done the same thing. I was suprised. I will check them tomorrow and see what happens with them. I will let you know how they turn out. I'm actually now staying at my parents winter place here in Globe for two weeks hunting so I may call and get with you. Thanks Amanda.

Brian

Ok, cool....we can swap out the cameras tomorrow if you want, I will be around.

Thanks Amanda,

I think that I will be ordering one from you. Actually I am going down south this weekend hunting and wanted to take a camera with me. i will be driving thru Globe. wondering if you have a shop or store there? My wife and i could stop by and get one. Save on the shipping :D