Sign in to follow this  
coues

Terrible accident

My wife was trailering our horses up on the 26th and came upon a terrible accident at the Sedona exit. The driver (dad) was in full camo so we assume he was a fellow bowhunter. They rolled their small SUV containing mom and 5 kids. She had to witness them recover the body of a 5 year old boy and the extrication of the wife/mom in grave condition. We're praying for this family. Anyone know who they are?

This is from a site called Flagscanner; I follow them on Facebook...

Heartbreaking for sure

FLAGscanner

Update on yesterdays accident on I-17 near Camp Verde: This was a one vehicle rollover fatality collision which occurred N/B on I-17 MP 298 at 1559 hours. There were seven people in the vehicle (six injured and one fatality). One lane was opened at 1739 hours and all lanes were opened at 1842 hours.

1. Driver, treated and released

2. Female passenger, injured

3. twin boy, treated and released

4. twin boy, treated and released

5. girl, injured

6. girl, injured

7. boy, deceased

FLAGscanner DPS has confirmed it was due to a tire blowout. None of the 5 children were wearing seatbelts.

This is the first I've heard of this but you can bet my thoughts and prayers are with that family and friends.

TJ

Thanks folks. I guess the people were from Camp Verde. It sure rattled my wife and her friend. Truely a sad story...

My wife and I and kids live in camp verde and everyone knows the family here. Both parents used to work in the school system and I believe went through the school system here. It was rough in church on Sunday. A lot of the kids in the Sunday school class I teach were real shook up as they were all friends. I couldn't imagine burying my 8 year old son.

I will always be sure to keep buckles on. Hope we all do.

be careful guys. buckle up, check your air, look both ways, all that stuff. this is a sad story. i know what it's like to lose a child. believe me, you don't want to ever feel that. be careful and watch your kids. this is really a sad story. Lark.

My wife was trailering our horses up on the 26th and came upon a terrible accident at the Sedona exit. The driver (dad) was in full camo so we assume he was a fellow bowhunter. They rolled their small SUV containing mom and 5 kids. She had to witness them recover the body of a 5 year old boy and the extrication of the wife/mom in grave condition. We're praying for this family. Anyone know who they are?

I was about about 1/4 mile behind the accident aswell.. very sad deal..