tjwking

does anybody know this person?

Buy a friggin MATHEWS and be done with it!

This is the smartest thing anyone in this whole post (including me) has said ... RON WHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Both accounts seem plausible ... like they always say "the truth is in there somewhere.". Who am I to say where???

Does everybody feel better now?! Now, let's all meet up tomorrow for my scouting trip and have a drink and put this to rest!

• Like 1

I can appreciate both versions of the story. Too bad about the bull. I appreciate Craig and his guide's style. Hunters everywhere, camps and trucks parked on every turn seems like, and nobody knows Craig is putting the stalk on a monster bull!! Not enough credit is given to the true silent hunter, and too much visibility is given to road hunters.

now what are those of us without tags going to do? I would love to hear other stories of "hunts gone wrong", I have lived so many of them. Like opening morning, sun comes up guys on every compass point, and I in the middle. no animal could have gotten to me without a hail of gun fire. Went home and cut grass.

I haven't even started hunting yet really. I shot a meat buck on the early hunt but that hardly counts, I spent a total of 30 minutes in the unit before I tagged out.

2 elk hunts coming up. Really ready for those. The of course there my favorite hunt... Late archery!!! C'mon Jan!

thanks, doublelung. My favorite part is that you're suddenly some sort of really rich guy now.

But, I'd also like to know why 'one lunging' an elk is considered a kill shot. Elk survive that a lot. Heck, I've survived a pretty darn well punctured lung. If it was only punctured and not completely destroyed, that elk is likely to live if it doesn't bleed a lot.

Anyway, thanks for posting. and sharing a whole other point of view. I think the story is pretty easy to piece together for me.

• Like 1

Well, thanks for the post Dblung. Anyone else find it fascinating that Craig's guide ended up helping out Dblung? Just makes me think it was all a big misunderstanding with things getting blown way out of proportion. But I guess things like that can happen when a 400 bull is involved. Sometimes we all want to find something/someone to lay blame on when things don't go right.

Lock'er up tight IMO. Altough it seemed heated at times I truly enjoyed the debate with everyone that participated. Interesting that Craig hasn't been around to refute any of DL's comments....hmmm. Another interesting fact is that Craigs guide did become friends with DL.

Crow soup, crow salad, crow kabab, crow creol, bbq crow..... I have alot of eating to do.

Naw I was right the whoooole time.... RON WHIIIIIITE!!!

After reading 17 pages of responses I would say that both hunters fully believe what they say happened and this is all a big misunderstanding. I sure hope that on my archery hunt I have coming up I get a chance at a 20 yard shot.

thanks, doublelung. My favorite part is that you're suddenly some sort of really rich guy now.

But, I'd also like to know why 'one lunging' an elk is considered a kill shot. Elk survive that a lot. Heck, I've survived a pretty darn well punctured lung. If it was only punctured and not completely destroyed, that elk is likely to live if it doesn't bleed a lot.

Anyway, thanks for posting. and sharing a whole other point of view. I think the story is pretty easy to piece together for me.

Ragu,

Go back and read the posts. I made a reference to "some rich guy". Never called him a rich guy. Atthat point in the thread we were on a different subject that didnt include you. I had no clue who dbllung was or if he was rich or poor. Just made a reference to the rich guys that try to buy everything in life. You must not have met any rich people that were born that way and never had to work a day in their life. You think they are DIY in life. Now that is a joke!

There now you can sleep at night.

I brought it up again because doublelung felt compelled to say he wasn't rich. Clearly he thought the perception was there, too. But, I really don't care. If you have a disdain for people who were born rich, that's like not liking people who were born tall or good looking. Big deal.

My real question that relates to the post is about the 'one lung' hit.

A Big Misunderstanding!!!

And NOW everyone wants cocoa and hoho's.

Sounds like a poorly written script to me with poor actors. And no one wants to get the guides involved?

Yes, lock this thread and be done with it.....

post-3200-0-04161000-1316836219_thumb.jpg