Sign in to follow this  
andygrand

Fort Huachuca Bear

I put in for this tag on a whim. I figured the fact that only military can hunt there might increase my odds of getting a tag. I have never been there so my question is, what can I really expect? Is it a waste of my money? If I am willing to work hard and put in the time are there bears on the base to be found? I am not even sure I will draw the tag, but just wanted to get some general info in advance.

Thanks

If you do draw the tag, you sure won't have problems finding the bears. The biologist on Fort keep a very close track of these bears and they are very helpful.

A few years ago during the spring hunt, a bear was hanging out around the cemetary so the biologist gave a heads up to the hunters and one of the hunters was able to harvest this bear.

Good luck!

I put in for this tag on a whim. I figured the fact that only military can hunt there might increase my odds of getting a tag. I have never been there so my question is, what can I really expect? Is it a waste of my money? If I am willing to work hard and put in the time are there bears on the base to be found? I am not even sure I will draw the tag, but just wanted to get some general info in advance.

Thanks