Coues&Bass

Fishing reports

Any lake reports or is everyone hunting? Just gettin the itch for some fall bassin! Are the bass pushing shad into the coves at Rosey or Apache?

thanks

Was at Apache yesterday morning. What a miserable windy morning. Caught a few bass but finally got tired of fighting the wind and came off earlier than I wanted.

Brian

Just got back from an all day trip to Rosey. Caught 30+ largemouth bass. Nothing too big, biggest was 18". Early morning around 7:15, fished by the marina and threw top water lures and caught a couple and then moved to a cove and found a school of bait fish on the fish finder and drop shotted a robo worm. Caught several that way. Then the bite died down and moved to the middle of the lake and did the same. From about 10:30 to noon, we caught most of our fish and then really died down. Finished off the day drop shotting by windy hill boat ramp and caught a few more. Had a blast and want to go back soon. The trick is to find bait fish, we found them in anywhere from 30-60' deep and dropped our bait. Had lots of fish hit the bait on the way down. Good luck!

My dad is heading to apache tomorrow, I'll let you know how he does.

Brian

My dad is heading to apache tomorrow, I'll let you know how he does.

Brian

I went to Roosey to crappie fish last weekend and caught two 2 pound slabs and missed 4-5 bites. I did catch 5 bass in a half hour on a T-rig so some are still hanging in the shallows. Crappie should get better now that things are cooling off. Plenty of brush exposed on the Salt end with the low water.

My dad went to Apache but got blowed off the lake early. Windy and cold.

Brian

Thanks Ringer,standman you always come through. Time to re-string the poles and get the big motor fired up! looks like the weather is going to be nasty this weekend so maybe next.