Sign in to follow this  
Viper

My first 100"+ buck

I finally scored on a nice 100+ buck. We saw him twice before the season, once in velvet and once after he rubbed off. I was blessed to find him opening morning. I shot him with my .270 at 160 yards, from a cliff edge down into a very steep canyon. It was a straight on shot in the chest. Dropped in his tracks. His buddy 2x3 stood and stared at him for several minutes before running off. I shot him at 9:00am and got him to the Ranger at 1:00pm....4 hours. My hunting partner, Bill, was able to drive his Ranger to within 1/2 mile. I met him there and we had a snack, hydrated, slipped into are pack frames....I said "don't forget your walkin' stick, you're gonna need it". He was a heavy deer (The processor estimated him at 140 lbs) so the packs were heavy. This was definitely a "poor man's sheep hunt" experience.

I haven't taped him yet. What do think?

post-2983-0-15986800-1319673343_thumb.jpg

post-2983-0-12910100-1319673366_thumb.jpg

post-2983-0-97705800-1319673385_thumb.jpg

post-2983-0-31552700-1319673409_thumb.jpg

What an absolutely beautiful buck!!!!! Love the RACK man..........That boy was prime for the taking......Outstanding job and thank you for sharing the pictures.

That is an awesome Buck. Those big bodied ones can be fun, my buddy had his a couple years ago weighed in over 100 lbs minus head, hide, and legs below the knees, and he fought all the way back to the truck

That's a real beauty, perfectly symmetrical, thanks for sharing with us and congrats!

+ 1 looks pretty even on both sides! Great job!!!!

I finally scored on a nice 100+ buck. We saw him twice before the season, once in velvet and once after he rubbed off. I was blessed to find him opening morning. I shot him with my .270 at 160 yards, from a cliff edge down into a very steep canyon. It was a straight on shot in the chest. Dropped in his tracks. His buddy 2x3 stood and stared at him for several minutes before running off. I shot him at 9:00am and got him to the Ranger at 1:00pm....4 hours. My hunting partner, Bill, was able to drive his Ranger to within 1/2 mile. I met him there and we had a snack, hydrated, slipped into are pack frames....I said "don't forget your walkin' stick, you're gonna need it". He was a heavy deer (The processor estimated him at 140 lbs) so the packs were heavy. This was definitely a "poor man's sheep hunt" experience.

I haven't taped him yet. What do think?