yumabowhunter

5 Day Backpack Hunt

Well we are on the road for hopefully a great hunt. There are 4 of us going to backpack in and give em heck. Looks like the highs will be upper 40s to low 50s and lows in the 20s.

I tried to go as light as possible but my pack still weighed in at 55 pounds.

Nothing better than sitting behind the glasses watching the sun come up on beautiful country.

Keep us posted and take lots of pictures. 55lbs, :huh: no way! Maybe 15 or 20 years ago. Good luck! :)

TJ

I have never had more fun than backpacking just after, or during!, a good snowstorm. This last New Years was a pretty nice snowfall that I hiked through he middle of on the archery hunt. Glassed up some nice deer I probably wouldn't have seen had it not been for fresh snow. Makes it easier to measure deer activity as well. Where they are, when they are moving, where they are going... You guys should have a blast!

Where you headed??

Windy friday

Slight chance of rain/snow in upper elevation Saturday mourning

Sunday may be a good day

Possible rain/snow in upper elevation Monday

Sounds like a great time - be sure to take your camera along. Have fun and come back with lots of stories and pictures!

Wow that gives me the Itch!!!! We didn't pack in on our hunt this year and I missed it. What thrill it is to get into the remote back country and chase big bucks! I think I'll plan a little pack trip for the December hunt before this itch gets unbearable!!