Sign in to follow this  
Coues&Bass

Get ready!

Well it looks like the first couple days of the Nov. 4th hunt will be plaged by bad weather. expecting 50 mph winds, rain and snow! Sounds like a good time in the hills. I am leaving for 31 this afternoon. Good luck to all you Coues hunters may the hunting gods be with you.

CHOW!

It was cold and very windy yesterday in 24b.

Unreal. It was upper 80s/90 degrees for a lot of us on during the first rifle hunt. Stay warm out there guys!

Going to be cold and raining for me for at least Friday. What a huge difference from the first hunt. Was Helping a few buddies and it was really hot and not pleasant its going to be a nice change of weather though. Will make it nice to sit around camp fire at night

A friend of mine picked up a leftover 36B tag for this hunt and we headed out Thursday evening. It looked perfect. Sometime during the night the wind picked up and Friday morning was pretty tough. When we got back to camp on Friday I found that the wind had torn up my good Eureka tent. Snapped some of the fiberglass poles, tore through the rainfly and even tore some of the pole connection snaps from the tent itself. We did manage to find 9 deer on Friday morning, 3 of them being decent bucks. Never got a shot. We ended up hunting only Friday. I've hunted down south for over 15 years now and that was the worst wind I've ever experienced down there.