SunDevil

How many rounds of ammo do you carry?

Amount of Ammo?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. How many rounds of ammunition do you carry with you in the field on a coues hunt?

Usually 3 in my mag and 7 in an ammo wallet. If I am carrying my 1911 then I have two clips.

If I am hunting near the border - A lot more than that....

i used to have pride and carried 8 thinking if i used them all i should go home then a 200yard shot at a great buck presented it's self after letting all 8 go at 500 yards at a lesser buck, dude trotted right out of the bottom and i found my self trying to men who stare at goats the buck, it didnt work and now a whole box goes with me. by the way i did give the buck a high and tight and some man scaping at 500, so many misses that seemed to go straight through him you had to see it to believe it. he never left a ten yard area and was doing fine when i left 30 minutes later left him munchin away.

Cool poll...3 in one mag, 3 in another mag, 4 more in my rifle sling for 10 in the field with my Tikka .300 WSM. I always have 10 more rounds in the truck.

My dad used to always go out with only 5. But any more these days with all the illegals, we both take a full box. Plus pistol rounds. Call it peace of mind. Lol.

I keep my .270 in Tucson, so i never get to practice with it. My dad sends a couple of rounds to check that its still on. Last 3 deer have been 1 shot 1 kill.

I usually bring a box of 20 for what ever rifle I'm hauling. Sometime that 20ct box has 20, other times only 6 or so. I put them all in my pack. It usually works out to 3 in the mag and the rest in the box.

When I am glassing/stalking deer I only carry the 30-06sprg rifle with 7 rounds on the buttstock, the rest of that box in my pack, and my 9mm with two mags fully loaded.

Depends on where I'm hunting. Down in the 36's I always have way more than I hope I ever need.

3 in the mag, 8 in a wallet in the pack. I have only ever needed 1 for my coues, and have fired 2 bullets for 2 hits to put down both my elk. I have a bunch more rounds back at camp. I all honesty, if I missed all three shots in my gun I would go back to camp to check my scope.

Six or seven bandoliers full for the morning hunt, then back to camp to reload and out to the field for the evening! :lol:

Carry 20......4 in the gun. couple in my pockets for quick reloading and if i need to drop my pack and leave it behind.. And couple in my backpack for back up/if happen to lose the ones in my pocket.

But only need one if i don't slam my gun on a rock again :o :angry:

4 in the gun and a sleave of ten in the pack. the most i ever had to use on a hunt was my bear which was 6. on a whitetail was 4...

I carry 20: 4 in mag, 6 in butstock pouch and 10 in my pack

I have my 7mm that holds 3+1. I have a pouch on my belt that holds ten and I leave it FULL!. I usually have another box in camp. There have been times my pouch on my belt slowly snags on something and opens and I reah down to find no rounds in it... the extra box at camp sure is nice... LOL

I think we have all had our days when we get done going heck.... i didnt bring enough ammo.

Most of my hunting adventures limit how much space I have and weight I can carry. I carry 10 total hutning rounds with me. Even if I am sharing my rifle with a buddy.

If I or we need more than that then maybe I or we need something else. Like more shooting practice or self control. If I hit my scopes/mounting systems hard enough to require a re-zero, I have bigger problems than not enough ammo.