Sign in to follow this  
Airbusdriver

Talley One-Piece Scope Mount: Feedback

My 11 y/o son just bought his first rifle: A Weatherby Vanguard Series 2 (.243). We bought him a Vortex 3-9x40 scope. Sportsman's Warehouse "no tax" sale: Rifle + Scope, $500 out the door.

I am as new to rifles as my son. The salesman at SW highly recommended the Talley one-piece mounting system. Has anyone had any experience with the Talley? Any other suggestions?

I just put Talleys on two of my rifles; savage. 270 and my browning 7 mag. i love them. to me its a slick concept with minimal opportunity for something to go wrong with them. i have had problems with my leupold bases/rings and hope to be able to have this system resolve the problems.

They are a great mount. I have one on my Weatherby .257 and it works great!

I have used several sets. They are what I prefer to use If I don't go with a rail. They may not be any more sturdy than the old Leupold ring/base combo, but I'm not second guessing myself down the road when my groups open up. They eliminate one point of attachment, the point where most Leopolds loosen up, the ring to the base. Maybe it is just me, but I hate the windage screws on the Leupold bases.

I think the outdoorsman has them in stock in Phoenix. Great setup as well!

i ordered mine through outdoorsmans. +1 on what youngbuck said about the windage adjustment on the leupolds.... i hate it too.

What is Outdoorsman and where to I find them? I like doing business with Sportsman's Warehouse, but I don't think they carry Talley. I assume they are reputable; could someone post their link?

Does anyone know of any Talley dealers in the East/Southeast Valley? The only dealer I can find on Talley's website is in Scottsdale.

What is Outdoorsman and where to I find them? I like doing business with Sportsman's Warehouse, but I don't think they carry Talley. I assume they are reputable; could someone post their link?

Does anyone know of any Talley dealers in the East/Southeast Valley? The only dealer I can find on Talley's website is in Scottsdale.

http://www.outdoorsmans.com/

10004 N Cave Creek Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85020

602-944-7121 | 1-800-291-8065

I have spent lots of pesos with these guys! They are great to deal with. Its a small shop but they deal wit all the high end hunting equipment.

I think if you call talley and tell them what scope and rifle you have they can tell you the exact part number you need for your setup.