Sign in to follow this  
azcouesfanatic

Amazing!!!!

Ok, so a good friend of mine managed to kill a giant buck on the early November hunt. The buck scored 116 4/8 and it was truly a pig. This morning he was taking the deer skull to a friend to have a European done on it. He put the skull in the bed of his truck on top of his hunting pack and headed out. He nearly got to where he was going when he looked in his rear view mirror and his tailgate had somehow come down. He looked in the bed and his deer was gone. He called me around 9am and told me what happened. He walked the stretch of road all day trying to find his buck. He logged nearly 20 miles and found nothing. At 4pm he finally decided he needed to go home. He was angry at himself and exhuasted. This was truly a giant buck. I spoke to him on the phone just before he arrived home and five minutes after we hung up he called me back. To his amazement his deer was fully intact sitting on his door step. He could not believe his eyes. There was no note or anything and the buck was sitting there like a Christmas present under the Christmas tree on Christmas morning. As he was inspecting his buck and breathing a sigh of relief his phone rang and it was the guy who found the deer. The guys son found the deer lying in the middle of the road and picked it up. The deer still had the tag on it so he had his dad drop it off. It is really nice to know there are still honest people in this world. I would like to say thank you to the stranger who returned my buddies deer.

Brian

Wow! Thats pretty awesome.. I couldnt imagine the feeling he had after he saw it was gone..

WOW talk about cathing a break! I sure hope some positive karma comes around for the young man who found it and returned it to its rightful place!

"The kid who found it must be a hunter who understands the respect both deer and hunter deserve. Great story! "

+1

It is nice to hear that some people still respect the Golden Rule!

Wow just reading that story I got the sick feeling I'm sure your friend had when he realized he lost his rack. Its nice knowing that there still are some people in this world that are willing to to a great deed. Hope to see pictures of that buck soon.

That is a great story because the ending is so good. It would be such a bummer to lose a head like that. I am happy for the hunter and the kid who found and returned it.

Awesome !

That is a great story because the ending is so good. It would be such a bummer to lose a head like that. I am happy for the hunter and the kid who found and returned it.

Awesome !

Love it. It is a God thing for sure.

Whitey

That is nice to hear folks went out of their way to find the owner.

I will say this.... if I shot a 116 buck that baby would be riding in the passenger seat, not the truck bed. :) Just say'n.

cmc