Sign in to follow this  
QCwtAddict

My late November buck

After four days of hunting I had this buck in my crosshairs on Tuesday morning and I missed him at 550 yards. I was really disappointed because this was the only buck we had seen up to that day and I blew it. To my amazement the next morning we spotted him in the same exact spot where I missed him the day before. So me and my brother moved into position and since I missed him the day before I let my brother take the first shot. After my brother missed him he ran down the hill a little bit closer to us and stopped. I rushed my first shot by trying to get a quick rest off of my tripod but was too shaky and missed. After that I found an open spot where I could lay down and shoot off my bipod and I dropped him at about 500 yards.

He may not be a giant 100+ buck but he is my first buck larger than a spike and I am extremely happy with this buck.

post-4553-0-84294300-1322890171_thumb.jpg

post-4553-0-69350700-1322890257_thumb.jpg

post-4553-0-14173100-1322890301_thumb.jpg

cool buck. do you have any better pics of it showing the non typical point coming out of the base of the left main beam?

Congratulations on a nice buck. I'm not into how far and how big. But it looks like there is a bunch of meat on that big deer. A good 60 lbs deboned?

That chunk of antler drooping off the base is really cool! Hard to find another one with that kind of character! Congratulations on a great bucka

I have to agree that's a very unique buck and I would be real happy to have that hanging on my wall.

Congratulations on your buck and thanks for sharing the story. :)

TJ

Very nice buck. I also like the extra antler that adds character. Every Coues deer is special. Enjoyed seeing the deer and reading the story.

Thanks for sharing.

cool buck. do you have any better pics of it showing the non typical point coming out of the base of the left main beam?

This is the only other angle that I have, it doesn't show the non-typical point that well.

post-4553-0-03510100-1323052780_thumb.jpg