Sign in to follow this  
Airbusdriver

Anyone planning a bowhunt up north in January?

How popular/successful is bow hunting for deer in the northern units during January? If the snow depth is not too awful, I was thinking of giving it a try.

Any feedback or experiences to share?

How popular/successful is bow hunting for deer in the northern units during January? If the snow depth is not too awful, I was thinking of giving it a try.

Any feedback or experiences to share?

I always hunt up north. Where exactly are you planning on hunting up north?

I hunt 10 and the 17/18 in January, how far north are you talking? It gets pretty nasty at times depending what type of roads youre on. The red clay stuff SUCKS.

I went out yesterday to set up a blind in Unit 10... It was a no-go! :( My tried and true "spot" had too much snow and the mud was slick, slick, slick! Have a brand new truck that is a week old, I thought I was going to sink it and never get it out! Will have to find another spot or head south.

Two of my brothers hunted 10 last year, got into the minus 20 range. They slept in the suburban with the heat running all night. I say no thank you.

I hunt 10 and the 17/18 in January, how far north are you talking? It gets pretty nasty at times depending what type of roads youre on. The red clay stuff SUCKS.

here's view from our trailer deck in 10- rds do get bad and the clay mud is slick as **** - in the third we can see the tank - i like to use my 30x80's - I usually see elk and antelope but not a whole lot of deer - though i know they are around - hope to make a trip in Jan if weather clears/warms up!

post-3096-0-71434700-1323531768_thumb.jpg

post-3096-0-77717000-1323531787_thumb.jpg

post-3096-0-38714900-1323531824_thumb.jpg