Sign in to follow this  
Coues 'n' Sheep

Wackin' and Stackin' with the Golden Ticket and Chasin' A Dream Outfitters!

Impressive results! Hard work pays off!!! Congrats to all involved

Great write up Gino!!!!! Congrats to all of the clients!!!!!!

Most of all Congrats to Colton!!!!!!! I know how hard that boy works and he is very deserving of a brute like that!!!!! He has come along way from when we watched him shoot his first Antelope with his bow. I think we could take lessons from him now!!!! I know I could!!

Manny

• Like 1

Thank you everyone! As post script to our hunt...

The snow flew for a couple days after the hunt ended and we still had 4 quarters hung high in a tree of our last day bull... The first of the meat and the head and cape had already been checked in with Round Valley Processing and Wild Heritage Taxidermy... and as soon as the storm broke Colton and I had our packs on our backs sucking icy air and fighting 6-12" of snow... We were still a couple hundred yards from the kill site when we cut our first lion track... At the kill site we had atleast 3 different lions... a decent tom & a puss with kitten(s)... We were thrilled to see that the boned out torso and exposed organs were what the cats wanted and they had to that point left our quarters alone. They had chewed right through the ribs a large enough hole to climb in and devour the organs, the sharp & exposed rib ends were covered in lion hair, and a huge hunk of lung laying next to the cage bore proof that we had interupted a meal... The meat we had hanging was almost frozen, we had to build a hatfull of sputtering fire to keep our hands working...HaHaHa... We loaded an additional 80 lbs of boned out meat in each of our packs and began our 2 mile slip, trip and climb out of the woods... It Dam near killed us... HaHa... but it was well worth it! We put over 225 lbs of just meat in Terry's cooler off that last day bull and my job was finally complete... and now I have one more lion on Donny's hit list!!

• Like 1

Congrats to all involved on the hunt and great success. I guess you could call that Wackin and Stackin. Hahaha. Good work man, that is getting it done for sure on a late season hunt. You sure know how to get it done, no matter what hunt it is. Congrats again.

A huge congrats to Colton on a monster. It couldn't have happened to a better guy. And next time call me when your dad is busy, I will hunt with ya. Haha.

• Like 1

yep very cool to see that an awesome crew of guys can put it all together,and what a great lifetime bull that colton shot,we had two tags and the last morning as the snow started to fly 11 bulls ran across the road in front of us while on our way to our glassing spot ,one guy had a running shot at a very nice bull but no connection.it was a tough hunt for us this year.kudos to the chasin a dream team,and all involved.

Congrats to Gino and Colton and their hunters. What an amazing finish. I know that a huge part of what made that happen for them is their year round and year after year dedication to scouting. That was not just lucky. That bull Colton shot is an absolute beast. Everyone of those is a trophy in my book. Even though I live in AK I love Arizona and still totally dream about hunting there. Great season guys and thanks for the write ups. Keep us posted on the Lion hunts and upcoming Coues Archery hunts. Rod

Congratulations to the Chasin' A Dream Team. Great stories Gino and thanks for sharing all your hard work and success. All the bulls are great bulls and Colton's bull is awesome to say the least. You are blessed to be able to hunt in your back yard but with that said I don't mean to take nothing away from all your hard work. I know you guys put more time and energy in scouting than the average hunter and work so hard to please your clients. Keep up the good work and good luck with anymore hunts you may have coming up. :)

TJ

Well everyone at Chasin A Dream Outfitters stepped up and produced we hope we get to do it again next year.FYI hunting with a tv crew not easy. but we got it done. We should air on the Outdoor Channel in January of 2013 on (EOL) Extreme Outter Limits tv the long range show with Bob Beck who is teamed with Mcmillian EOL rifles.Just a hint EOL 338 Lapua mag not close.

Thanks Jeremy Ulmer

now off for late Coues tags!!!!

You guys deserve all the success you have earned! There is no better feeling than when hard work pays off! I have found if I work really hard I come home successful no matter if I bring back bone or not. I still prefer to bring home bone however! Congrats to all of you and Colten, I love your bull!!!

Wooohoooo! Whackin' and stackin' is right! Great write up Gino! Congrats to all on some great bulls! I love the palmation on the first bull. Colton's bull is a true beast. Awesome that all the bulls had good clean racks and aren't all busted up this late in the season. Congrats again to all the hunters!

-Tracy

now off for late Coues tags!!!!

Snow and sickess... may slow us down... but the big boys are wait on the mountain for us my Friend! ;)

• Like 1

Awesome job Chasin' A Dream Crew!!! Huge congrats Colton, the character on that bull is phenomenal!!! I personally know one of the clients and he was thrilled with his hunt and his bull, you guys did awesome! Congrats on a producing a great late season in tough conditions!!! JIM>

• Like 1