Sign in to follow this  

one more good wolf

if you want to eat the bull$h!t and drink the treehugger koolaid and puke it up for others to consume, that's your prerogative. but don't get upset when folks who are capable of thinking for themselves won't swallow it along with you. i have read in the official documents offered originally by the usfw and it even questioned the heritage of the animals. and i have backed 2 different guys into a corner who are involved in the wolf program and they admitted that every animal is part dog. that's good enough for me. as far as the condors and lead, here is a little equation for you. you can add the numbers as you see fit.

there were 694 deer killed in unit 12a last year. per the game and fish numbers for permits allowed, for all hunts, and then calculating it from the kill percentage. don't know how accurate they are, but that's all i could finde. 12a is the unit that seems to cause the most concern with the condor folks. i haven't heard of em crying about 12b or the strip or even the country around the south rim. only 12a. 12b and the strip don't offer a big number of permits anyway, but you are welcome to use those numbers too if that is what it takes to make your case.

now subtract the number of deer killed with all copper bullets. i don't know how many, but this number is significant. pure copper bullets are very popular with hunters and account for a very large portion of the total number of hunting bullets sold every year. so i think even you can agree that no deer killed with all copper bullets can be used.

most deer are killed with shoulder or rib shots to the vitals. if you listen to the crap the huggers put out they are all gutshot multiple times and the bullets explode into little pieces. but i don't think that is the case. most deer are killed with a decent shot to the vitals. a lot of these bullets are pass through shots where the bullet flies off and lands somewhere else or it stays in the meat, under the skin, on the offside of the shot, and isn't left in the field. it doesn't stay in the offall that is usually left in the field. now subtract that number from the total. use whatever number you want.

a few folks pack their deer out whole, especially ones that are killed by the road, and they are dressed out elsewhere and the guts are disposed of elsewhere. this might be a small number, but we aren't talking about a big number to start with, so even if it is just a few, it is significant in the equation. again, use whatever number you want, but subtract it from the total.

i've shot a lotta deer. i mean a lot. and i've hit some in the guts. most of the bullets that hit the guts are also pass throughs. well, i won't say most, because i don't know about any but the ones i've seen. but that's my experience. and the bullets usually stay whole. they don't hit bones and stuff that cause them to blow up. again, might be a small number, but it is significant to this equation. subtract it from the total. whatever number you want to use.

now, another number you can subtract. coyotes. how many gutpiles do they get rid of? how many bullets do they eat and crap out someplace else? might be a small number again, but it has to happen. subtract that number.

how many of these bullets in the guts are eaten by other birds? we'll make it an easy one to use and just include eagles, vultures and ravens. all of which inhabit the same areas that the condors do and they all compete with each other for the tasty, lead contaminated guts. use whatever you want and subtract it.

and there's gotta be a few gutpiles they don't find. and quite a few gutpiles that don't end up with bullets in them, etc.

now come up with a number from the original 694. you can even round it up to 700. or use whatever number you want. i'm sure the condor people do. so now, how many of these vile, lead contaminated, condor killing gutpiles are there out there? and then the condors must be real careful at picking through and making sure they get all the lead and then making sure it sticks in their gizzards and gets ground up into dust and then kills em. so come up with whatever number you want. it is considerably smaller than the original 694. it will truthfully only be a small fraction of the original number. and that is what is killing all the condors? i don't buy that. so figure up your number. doesn't really matter to me, because i'm a nonbeliever. and no i don't think the earth is flat. and i really don't care where obama was born. but if you figure up just how few bullets are left in gutpiles and think about it a little you might be able to understand where a freethinker with only half a brain might come to the conclusion that if condors truly are getting lead poisoning, they may getting a lot of it elsewhere. i don't where the elsewhere is, but it seems to me that bullets might not be a significant contributor? but that's just me. i tend to work in truths and not listen to folks who have proven time and again that they work in lies. and i could really go along with the condor reintroduction too, if it weren't for the track record of the liars that administer these programs. condors are a wild animal. they aren't a crossbred curr. they are mostly pen raised and stuff, but they are returned to the wild and are making some progress. i spent a long time one day watching some soar around. beautiful animal in flight. but i do not believe that the health of the condor population in general, and the entire "ecosystem" overall, is the true goal of the endangered species act. it might have been when it was started, but it ain't anymore. the same folks wouldn't holler about feral horses, if it were.

i know i'm just a dumb, uneducated cowboy that cain't hardly do no reedin' er ritin' er cypherin' and ain't nowhere near as skoold up and educated and smart as you. and i know i'm sposeta just get in lock step with you smart guys and believe what i'm told just because you're smarter than me. but i sorta look at things differnt. i'm all ignernut and think outta the box. in fact, i usually think in a different county than the box is in. i was born at night, but it wasn't last night. and i can add 2 and 2 and come up with 4 every time. believe what you want. but if you believe i'm stupid because i don't believe BS, then you're sellin' me real short. and i'm real glad you chimed in with your superior intelligence. i had to pull the shoes off my mule and trim his feet this morning. he's only half jack a s s and it got me geared up for dealin' with him. sincerely, Lark.

One thing you can be sure of, the condor and wolf were here long before we were. With any luck they will still be here after WE are long gone. We are our own worst enemy.

if you want to eat the bull$h!t and drink the treehugger koolaid and puke it up for others to consume, that's your prerogative. but don't get upset when folks who are capable of thinking for themselves won't swallow it along with you. i have read in the official documents offered originally by the usfw and it even questioned the heritage of the animals. and i have backed 2 different guys into a corner who are involved in the wolf program and they admitted that every animal is part dog. that's good enough for me. as far as the condors and lead, here is a little equation for you. you can add the numbers as you see fit.

there were 694 deer killed in unit 12a last year. per the game and fish numbers for permits allowed, for all hunts, and then calculating it from the kill percentage. don't know how accurate they are, but that's all i could finde. 12a is the unit that seems to cause the most concern with the condor folks. i haven't heard of em crying about 12b or the strip or even the country around the south rim. only 12a. 12b and the strip don't offer a big number of permits anyway, but you are welcome to use those numbers too if that is what it takes to make your case.

now subtract the number of deer killed with all copper bullets. i don't know how many, but this number is significant. pure copper bullets are very popular with hunters and account for a very large portion of the total number of hunting bullets sold every year. so i think even you can agree that no deer killed with all copper bullets can be used.

most deer are killed with shoulder or rib shots to the vitals. if you listen to the crap the huggers put out they are all gutshot multiple times and the bullets explode into little pieces. but i don't think that is the case. most deer are killed with a decent shot to the vitals. a lot of these bullets are pass through shots where the bullet flies off and lands somewhere else or it stays in the meat, under the skin, on the offside of the shot, and isn't left in the field. it doesn't stay in the offall that is usually left in the field. now subtract that number from the total. use whatever number you want.

a few folks pack their deer out whole, especially ones that are killed by the road, and they are dressed out elsewhere and the guts are disposed of elsewhere. this might be a small number, but we aren't talking about a big number to start with, so even if it is just a few, it is significant in the equation. again, use whatever number you want, but subtract it from the total.

i've shot a lotta deer. i mean a lot. and i've hit some in the guts. most of the bullets that hit the guts are also pass throughs. well, i won't say most, because i don't know about any but the ones i've seen. but that's my experience. and the bullets usually stay whole. they don't hit bones and stuff that cause them to blow up. again, might be a small number, but it is significant to this equation. subtract it from the total. whatever number you want to use.

now, another number you can subtract. coyotes. how many gutpiles do they get rid of? how many bullets do they eat and crap out someplace else? might be a small number again, but it has to happen. subtract that number.

how many of these bullets in the guts are eaten by other birds? we'll make it an easy one to use and just include eagles, vultures and ravens. all of which inhabit the same areas that the condors do and they all compete with each other for the tasty, lead contaminated guts. use whatever you want and subtract it.

and there's gotta be a few gutpiles they don't find. and quite a few gutpiles that don't end up with bullets in them, etc.

now come up with a number from the original 694. you can even round it up to 700. or use whatever number you want. i'm sure the condor people do. so now, how many of these vile, lead contaminated, condor killing gutpiles are there out there? and then the condors must be real careful at picking through and making sure they get all the lead and then making sure it sticks in their gizzards and gets ground up into dust and then kills em. so come up with whatever number you want. it is considerably smaller than the original 694. it will truthfully only be a small fraction of the original number. and that is what is killing all the condors? i don't buy that. so figure up your number. doesn't really matter to me, because i'm a nonbeliever. and no i don't think the earth is flat. and i really don't care where obama was born. but if you figure up just how few bullets are left in gutpiles and think about it a little you might be able to understand where a freethinker with only half a brain might come to the conclusion that if condors truly are getting lead poisoning, they may getting a lot of it elsewhere. i don't where the elsewhere is, but it seems to me that bullets might not be a significant contributor? but that's just me. i tend to work in truths and not listen to folks who have proven time and again that they work in lies. and i could really go along with the condor reintroduction too, if it weren't for the track record of the liars that administer these programs. condors are a wild animal. they aren't a crossbred curr. they are mostly pen raised and stuff, but they are returned to the wild and are making some progress. i spent a long time one day watching some soar around. beautiful animal in flight. but i do not believe that the health of the condor population in general, and the entire "ecosystem" overall, is the true goal of the endangered species act. it might have been when it was started, but it ain't anymore. the same folks wouldn't holler about feral horses, if it were.

i know i'm just a dumb, uneducated cowboy that cain't hardly do no reedin' er ritin' er cypherin' and ain't nowhere near as skoold up and educated and smart as you. and i know i'm sposeta just get in lock step with you smart guys and believe what i'm told just because you're smarter than me. but i sorta look at things differnt. i'm all ignernut and think outta the box. in fact, i usually think in a different county than the box is in. i was born at night, but it wasn't last night. and i can add 2 and 2 and come up with 4 every time. believe what you want. but if you believe i'm stupid because i don't believe BS, then you're sellin' me real short. and i'm real glad you chimed in with your superior intelligence. i had to pull the shoes off my mule and trim his feet this morning. he's only half jack a s s and it got me geared up for dealin' with him. sincerely, Lark.

I will never ridicule an ASU guy again. You are a very smart man Mr. Lark. That was a great post. And I agree. :D

• Like 1

Here's a wolf pack in Idaho.

post-478-0-36523900-1323564802_thumb.jpg

It's estimated that this pack alone will consume 600 elk per year. Guys from Idaho, Wyoming and Montanna are coming to Arizona and New Mexico to hunt elk because their herds are being depleted.

As for condors and copper bullets, I have no problem shooting solid copper if and when I finally get to hunt 12AW or 13B. They've come a long way can perform as well, if not better than lead. To be honest, I don't like the idea of lead fragments in the meat I consume anyway. Although I spent my youth chewing on lead pellets and I'm not dead yet.

Where we hunt in California we have to use copper bullets because its a condor safety zone. What a crock!! By the way those copper bullets are horrible.

Barnes, Nosler and others have done an excellent job of creating quality lead-free bullets that perform well ballistically and do the job downrange.

I think the government should take all $ spent toward this wolf project and put it towards educating our children.Taking a wounded wolf to a vetrinarian? For Christmas' sake. Wild animals that can't survive die; threatened/endangered or not.

I've probably bit down on more that 1,000 lead split shot fishing weights in my life and I'm still awesome.

I've probably bit down on more that 1,000 lead split shot fishing weights in my life and I'm still awesome.

Kind of funny isn't it? I spent countless days fishing the creeks that flow into Tenkiller Lake in Oklahoma with my gums filled with spit shot sinkers. My dad's high school teacher would break open thermometers and pass the mercury around the classroom.

Today, we'd have a Hazmat team making sure no one comes in contact with a broken light bulb. Funny how times change, I guess.

I will never ridicule an ASU guy again. You are a very smart man Mr. Lark. That was a great post. And I agree. :D

i agree 100% you both are right...here is another idea...every animal that eats another can bring on mercurey...That is just nature. it doesnt alwawys have to be what it is shot with that can get confused by some that it is lead to change the documentation. people like to make problems. Mother nature nature will make things work...its not the place for us to play God. Everything happens for a reason and if an animal dies off...so be it.I love watching everything in the wild but sometimes things happen for a reason. For us to feel like it is up to us to bring everything back is wrong. There are more inportant things out there then to see a wolf or a condor. way too much money is spent and in my mind waisted! For the Ranchers and outdoorsmen and women!

Mark

Guest Del

If it wasn't for tree huggers and biologists we wouldn't have some animals around today. Our kids would never know what they are like except for books. At the same time if it wasn't for idiots who just want to kill things to make the world better for themselves - in the short run - we wouldn't need tree huggers and biologists to save them. Take a look around. How much are the wolves and condors really taking? What about deforestation? People moving to the woods and pushing wildlife out. "Look dear. Look at that beautiful mountain. Yes dear. Lets put a house right smack in the middle of it. Then we can make sidewalks to go speedwalking in our speedos. We'll build a mini-mall and a yogurt shop." Then some predator eats the tender kittycat or poodle and they get angry. Gimme a break. Mother nature took care of business just fine until man got involved. Then entire species started disappearing (getting killed off) to make life (and money) easier. Yes I know about die offs and evolution and such. But man (greed - agendas- Burger King mentality) has done far more damage.

In the old days things were simpler because we didn't know how much we affect our environment nor how much we are losing - or how much it takes to keep what we still have. Those teachers didn't now about the harmful effects of mercury. My fathers little sister died of cancer after a "doctor" gave her quicksilver to treat a medical condition. They didn't know! You guys think life is Burger King - you wanna have it your way and everybody else is wrong because they don't agree with you. Wah wah wah! I'm an old cowboy and I can add 2 and 2 and I know all these experts who have spent years to learn to take care of our wildlife are wrong because I know better. Go take a shot of mercury. Instead of taking money away from wildlife we should stop sending money to countries who hate us. Billions of dollars to build roads in Afghanistan, gimme a break! Billions and billions to Saudi for oil. How much of that goes to terrorists? Money to Mexico to fight drugs. How much do they really do? We could do so much more for our country and our environment if we had real leaders and not a bunch of guys trying to make their own BK. Everybody has their own agenda. Everybody!

If it wasn't for tree huggers and biologists we wouldn't have some animals around today. Our kids would never know what they are like except for books. At the same time if it wasn't for idiots who just want to kill things to make the world better for themselves - in the short run - we wouldn't need tree huggers and biologists to save them. Take a look around. How much are the wolves and condors really taking? What about deforestation? People moving to the woods and pushing wildlife out. "Look dear. Look at that beautiful mountain. Yes dear. Lets put a house right smack in the middle of it. Then we can make sidewalks to go speedwalking in our speedos. We'll build a mini-mall and a yogurt shop." Gimme a break. In the old days things were simpler because we didn't know how much we affect our environment nor how much we are losing - or how much it takes to keep what we still have. Those teachers didn't now about the harmful effects of mercury. My fathers little sister died of cancer after a "doctor" gave her quicksilver to treat a medical condition. They didn't know! You guys think life is Burger King - you wanna have it your way and everybody else is wrong because they don't agree with you. Wah wah wah! I'm an old cowboy and I can add 2 and 2 and I know all these experts who have spent years to learn to take care of our wildlife are wrong because I know better. Go take a shot of mercury. Instead of taking money away from wildlife we should stop sending money to countries who hate us. Billions of dollars to build roads in Afghanistan, gimme a break! Billions and billions to Saudi for oil. How much of that goes to terrorists? Money to Mexico to fight drugs. How much do they really do? We could do so much more for our country and our environment if we had real leaders and not a bunch of guys trying to make their own BK. Everybody has their own agenda. Everybody!

Old cowboys have spent their lives working and caring for their land. They create better ranges and habitat for their animals and in turn for wildlife. They attend the university of real life and earned their credentials through a life in the saddle and on the range. Many couple their generational knowledge with university degrees in biology or agriculture, or that horrible hugger hated degree, business.

Huggers use the facade of science and education to promote a political agenda that is funded through special interest groups full of members who have built their love of the outdoors through Walt Disney.

These wonderful huggers and the regulations/laws they have pushed through have been instrumental in things like the Rodeo-Chedisky and Wallow fires. Those are examples of massive deforestation that sit right in the laps of the huggers...thanks for taking care of us.

Enjoy your holyer than thou groups of huggers, and feel good about imposing your will on others. I'll spend my time in the outdoors that I love, along with hard working, salt of the earth people, like hunters and old cowboys. We will enjoy and protect our prestine outdoors until you and your buds burn it all down.

If it wasn't for tree huggers and biologists we wouldn't have some animals around today. Our kids would never know what they are like except for books. At the same time if it wasn't for idiots who just want to kill things to make the world better for themselves - in the short run - we wouldn't need tree huggers and biologists to save them. Take a look around. How much are the wolves and condors really taking? What about deforestation? People moving to the woods and pushing wildlife out. "Look dear. Look at that beautiful mountain. Yes dear. Lets put a house right smack in the middle of it. Then we can make sidewalks to go speedwalking in our speedos. We'll build a mini-mall and a yogurt shop." Then some predator eats the tender kittycat or poodle and they get angry. Gimme a break. Mother nature took care of business just fine until man got involved. Then entire species started disappearing (getting killed off) to make life (and money) easier. Yes I know about die offs and evolution and such. But man (greed - agendas- Burger King mentality) has done far more damage.

In the old days things were simpler because we didn't know how much we affect our environment nor how much we are losing - or how much it takes to keep what we still have. Those teachers didn't now about the harmful effects of mercury. My fathers little sister died of cancer after a "doctor" gave her quicksilver to treat a medical condition. They didn't know! You guys think life is Burger King - you wanna have it your way and everybody else is wrong because they don't agree with you. Wah wah wah! I'm an old cowboy and I can add 2 and 2 and I know all these experts who have spent years to learn to take care of our wildlife are wrong because I know better. Go take a shot of mercury. Instead of taking money away from wildlife we should stop sending money to countries who hate us. Billions of dollars to build roads in Afghanistan, gimme a break! Billions and billions to Saudi for oil. How much of that goes to terrorists? Money to Mexico to fight drugs. How much do they really do? We could do so much more for our country and our environment if we had real leaders and not a bunch of guys trying to make their own BK. Everybody has their own agenda. Everybody!

Mr/Ms Del just joined yesterday (probably was lurker like a wolf) because he/she is so smart and thought that we needed to know what he/she thinks or his/her agendi. But, sorry this dummy aint buying it. So, go on back to your libby friends and sell them on your agendi. B)

It's not about what they are taking it's about the huggers using them as pawns to push their agenda. Most of them don't give a crap about the animals....they are just a means to an end for them. Reduce hunting to a "ancient ritual" and gun owners go away. Gun owners go away and then so does the 2nd amendment. Even a caveman can deduct that.