Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Unit 37 Coues

The archery nt world record for coues came out of 4b or 4a i believe...correct me if i am wrong. I know the typical came out of 34a but couled have been the world record t or nt and the humter chose typical. good luck all, lets see some bucks take a dirt nap.

Mark

Has anybody had luck finding them up high like in 4A or 5A? I have always expected to glass one up in Leonard canyon or some other nasty piece of real estate.

I agree that the biggest live in the pines. They have been pulling some studs out of 23,22, 27,1, and isn't one of the top 10 whiteys out of 4A or 4B?

My biggest Coues shed is from 4a, 59" I've seen pics of bucks that live in a small community up on the rim off Hwy 87 too. I've always believed the biggest bucks in the state live in the pines.... ;)

I've got pics of couses less thana half mile from I10 east of Tucson, right where I shot my muley two years ago.

Anyone who has ever hunted with me has heard this but I'll share it with the rest of you.

Rule #1 in hunting: THERE ARE NO RULES IN HUNTING!

Rule #2 in hunting: THEY ARE WHERE YOU FIND THEM!

There are a few more but I'll stop there.

I've seen coues in the heart of muley country all the way up to above the rim!

They expand their range every year!

I have seen some monster coues about a mile east of the Glendale Airport

When I drove back to Iowa in early November, it was about 5:30 a.m when I saw a deer feeding on the edge of the road. At first I thought it had to be a mule deer, as I grew closer it became apparent it was indeed a huge WT. This was just east of Star Valley. And, on my way back from my elk hunt in 3c, there was a road kill WT doe in the ditch near where the buck was.

Ths pigs up in 9 and 10 have always baffled me. Seems like the winter would be awfully hard on them.

1.) Saw the biggest whitetail ever on the black river.

2.) Seen whitetail (last year) 2 small bucks and dozen or more doe's in 37b off the arizona trail and back up further past the house on tiger mine rd ( couple big hills). You couldn't glass up a mule deer for the life of you ... but you saw coues.

3.) 2 years ago hunting pig in black mountains saw couple small - decent bucks chasing hard. Couldn't get close enough to seal the deal though.

we have seen whitetails in there. two of which have been hybrid or crossbred bucks.

It was a while back but i saw a coues buck trying to get up on a bighorn at the Grand Canyon! He was huge!