Sign in to follow this  
maximus

question about Van Horne Gunsmithing.

I need some work done with my rifle, Van horne i supposed to be a really good gunsmith, last night talking to a friend i found out that he took some guns there and it was very unhappy with the work and he'll never go again, does anybody have any experience with Van Horne? is it a good gunsmith?

please let me know.

thank you.

I need some work done with my rifle, Van horne i supposed to be a really good gunsmith, last night talking to a friend i found out that he took some guns there and it was very unhappy with the work and he'll never go again, does anybody have any experience with Van Horne? is it a good gunsmith?

please let me know.

thank you.

Sent you a PM.

I have used him mostly for small things. He did fix an ejector clearance problem I had on a rifle. Seemed to do a good job but I don't have many others to compare him to locally.

I think you probably need to give some details on what you are having done. Some guys really specialize in certain rifles and actions, somethings most smiths can take care of. Van Horne seems to have a good rep with the TC crowd and for a few of his own wildcat calibers. Most guys don't want to bash anyone directly, either.

If your friend had good reasons to be unhappy and you go you may kick yourself forever. just my $0.02

I took a TC to Dave many years (25) ago and he replaced the bushing while I waited in his shop. A year later he custom made a barrel for a friend that took almost a year. Phone calls went unanswered and it was highly frustrating (imagine).

Still, he is a very sought out smith.