Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Yesterdays 16A Scouting Trip

This is a new Hunt Unit for me and yesterday was my first opportunity to get out and begin scouting.I went in off of 93 across from the turnoff to Bagdad and went back a mile of so to where there was an old mine.

I did not see any pigs but found a few tracks here and there in the few canyon bottons I walked. Spent quite a bit of time glassing and spent some time chasing a few quail. I pretty much had the are to myself, wonder why LOL.

I did see another hunter drive past in one of those Rhino thingy's (sorry for leaving my truck in the middle of the wash) and some pilot flying low at stall speed (probably scouting too) and hope to get back out next weekend too and go in a little further. Just wish there wern't so many roads.

This is a new Hunt Unit for me and yesterday was my first opportunity to get out and begin scouting.I went in off of 93 across from the turnoff to Bagdad and went back a mile of so to where there was an old mine.

I did not see any pigs but found a few tracks here and there in the few canyon bottons I walked. Spent quite a bit of time glassing and spent some time chasing a few quail. I pretty much had the are to myself, wonder why LOL.

I did see another hunter drive past in one of those Rhino thingy's (sorry for leaving my truck in the middle of the wash) and some pilot flying low at stall speed (probably scouting too) and hope to get back out next weekend too and go in a little further. Just wish there wern't so many roads.

I killed a nice mule deer,and a pig there a couple of years ago with my bow.There is only one main road in there after you go about 2 miles in and then there is a wilderness on your left with no roads.Park on the road,and walk,you won't have a problem with other hunters.Glass,and you will find those pigs.Good Luck

I picked up few maps of the area and will be going further back on that road this weekend. Thanks for the info. I saw the Wilderness area on the map but also know that just because it is wilderness does not always mean that there are not two tracks into it.