Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

I have zeiss 10x56

So me and my dad wanted binoc's for christmas last year, hopin for swaro 15x56 but got zeiss 10x56. low light they are like night vision and very very clear, I love them. I wanted/want 15's. they were (at the time around $2000 OR so) I'm not sure if i should trade them for swaro 15x56 or just go buy a pair of vortex 15x56? ( can't attord swarro's) I love what i got as a gift for free but i just need more power cause my eyes with glasses suck. and the tripod adapter for zeiss is like 200 bucks!!!

• Like 2

I have purchased a pair of the Vortex 15x56 kiababs. Am very happy with them. They are very clear. the only difference I can find between the vortex and swarovskis is that the swarovs catch more light by about 5 minutes. other than that they are comparible in every way. I did this study with my partner becasue he has a pair of the swarovs and we did it side by side. I would recommend the vortex because the are affordable and a quality product. you also get a lifetime warranty. Hope this helps.

The edge to edge clarity on the kaibabs lack in comparison to swarovski 15's. They are comparable in center view.

Depending on what you want or can do, a side by side comparison in low light conditions will show you what you want to do. The side by side comparison that I did was during the middle of the day and I could still note difference enough that i prefered the swarovskis.

Do the research for yourself and do a comparison. You'll get a wide array of opinions here but only your eyes will be able to tell you what you want.

If you have your eye on the Swarovskis than by all means save a little longer and get what you really want, otherwise you will feel like you have settled. I did that for seven years and finally got my 15x56 Swarovski's. My life is complete !!!

just my .02

This is so true!

Amen Bro!

Ron

If you have your eye on the Swarovskis than by all means save a little longer and get what you really want, otherwise you will feel like you have settled. I did that for seven years and finally got my 15x56 Swarovski's. My life is complete !!!

just my .02

I had a really nice pair of 10X56 zeis binos on the center console of my chevy. I was a redding at the largest 3D shoot in California. I went to check in came back it was stolen. people leave bow hanging all around with expensive equipment on those bows and they go in my truck. I never been back to the 3d shoot since.

Wow, thanks for replying guys. I had forgotten about this post. The clarity at night from my zeiss are second to none, i glassed elk at 5 am when my cousin had a hard time seeing with night vision. my prolbem is with my eye balls, glasses with bad astigmatisum. I've learned over the years the more expensive the glass, the better I can see. In other posts I have seen how the vortex compare to the swaro pretty close and how glasses wear's see better out of vortex? I dont live near a store that sells both for an evening comparison.

• Like 1

Wow, thanks for replying guys. I had forgotten about this post. The clarity at night from my zeiss are second to none, i glassed elk at 5 am when my cousin had a hard time seeing with night vision. my prolbem is with my eye balls, glasses with bad astigmatisum. I've learned over the years the more expensive the glass, the better I can see. In other posts I have seen how the vortex compare to the swaro pretty close and how glasses wear's see better out of vortex? I dont live near a store that sells both for an evening comparison.

Take a look at some review's the two. See below link. IMO is one of the best reviews I saw out there, although nothing can compare to looking through them yourself.

http://www.opticstalk.com/vortex-kaibab-15x56-and-swarovski-slcneu-15x56_topic20729.html

I have the had the Swaros and the now I have the Kaibabs. The Swaros offer better clarity but I like the Kaibabs because I like to wear my eye glasses when glassing. The swaros do not offer me a full field of view with my glasses on. Just a thought. Check out this write up, best I have ever read when it comes to 15's

http://hardcoreoutdoor.com/2011/01/29/best-15-power-binoculars---docter-swarovski-leica-vortex-and-zeiss.aspx