BABBITT_BOYZ

Traditional Javalina

1st arrow of the year strikes gold!! My goal of killing a Javalina old school has been achieved. Big thanks to my uncle "BIG" John McCullough for making me my long bow and fueling my traditional hunting desire.

post-5208-0-74593200-1325556093_thumb.jpg

post-5208-0-26976800-1325556204_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on getting your pig with a long bow. I have thought of doing the same. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

That's awesome! That is something I have been threatening to do for a couple years. Congrats!

Brian

It amazes me that anybody can hit a live animal with traditional stuff. I would have better luck just trying to stab them with an arrow. Congratulations!

After I found out I drew a cow tag for 2011 I called "Big John" as he is a well known Bowyer in the U.S. I knew he could give me the answers about my recurve I had. After talking back and forth a few times he asked me my height and my "real" draw length that my wife had to measure numerous times , I thought he was just trying to get all the specs for my recurve because I asked him what it took to get on the list he told me it was a 1 1/2 year wait and i only had a few months, turns out all along he was setting me up.... About 3 weeks later I got a call from his brother to come up to his moms house for dinner. I showed up and was presented with my very own McCullough Griffen long bow its 51# at 28 inches. Its my first longbow and 1 can shot a 5inch group out to 35 yards its as accurate as you could ask for in my opinion. Look him up he makes some truly beautiful bows.